Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When battery power is cut to the navigation unit to replace the car battery, and the small battery in the navigation unit is gone, the system reverts to an inoperable condition and calls for a system software disc. This part number for this disc, 19115256, has been discontinued per Rob (parts dept) at Lindsay Cadillac. The GM navigation technical people at GM says the new map disc (now two discs) has the software needed, but you must purchase both discs and the new discounted cost is $160.00. Since the GM navigation system really is obsolete at this point, and redundant if you have a smartphone with a
Google app, no one should want to spend that much just to get a radio and cd changer back functioning. I intend to pursue GM until they provide a replacement for the system software without the maps. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.

Tech advice for the navigation system for Cadillac is (800) 458-8006 or call Shantel 866-790-5600 x11310. web site for GM navigation discs is GMNAVDISC.COM, 877-351-7608 0R 877-628-3472.
Shantel is continuing to work the problem to provide an affordable update to the system software disc without the maps.

Also, does anyone know the correct procedure to remove the navigation unit from a 2002 Caddy Seville SLS? At a minimum I need to replace the battery installed on the navigation unit. I will provide an update to this as applicable

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
adding to my own thread. I see the panasonic battery inside the nav unit, which had to be removed. Battery must be removed via desoldering. NOt sure where to get replacement.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, first place I went. A battery shop can actually unweld the contacts for the ckt board and put them on a new battery. I would have to unsolder first and concluded this is too much trouble and expense since I have the system disc and can use it at any time when the battery does down. New car battery should last 5 years or longer than I plan to keep the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts