Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found these at Autozone. I like the quality and the output is very nice. I did the one side of license plate lights. I will finish the other license plate light and add them to the front footwell lights as well as trunk (different bulb but Sylvania)

They are a little expensive at $9.99

·
Registered
135 Posts
Take a pic and let us know if it holds up. I have had trouble getting LEDs to not burn out in the license plate of my CTS (had no problem with it in my TL-S)

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Rspreng, the Sylvania LED 194 bulb you chose to use appears robust, what with its metal base likely providing an added heat sink effect. Probably the main reason for short LED bulb life in the license plate bulb housings of the 2nd gen CTS is excessive heat being developed within the bulb assembly. The LED bulb you've chosen may not suffer from this due to better heat dispersion.
Please let us know the particulars & results when you've replaced the bulbs for the front footwell lights and trunk light.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Guys, make sure you do not mistake Sylvania with Osram. Osram owns Sylvania and is Europe based. Sad story about Sylvania recently is they follow "tuners" market in many cases and their product quality is not the greatest. Just look at their Silver Star bulbs line. On the other hand Osram still maintains the highest quality as does Philips.

How do I know it? Wo own both of these companies. And I personally know many top level people at both companies. Suffice to say I would not buy anything Sylvania brand in USA. Unless do course it is Osram product.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update - I installed the LED 194's in the front footwell and love them. Give off more light and match the ambient lighting better.

The trunk was disappointing, the LED bulb was a little too short for the clipshowever it does work barely though I am not sure if it would break contact eventually. Plus the light output difference was not there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts