Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have an 02 eldorado with bose stereo im replacing head unit with a Sony I bought the pac attachment to convert it over.hooked up wires everything pretty simple,power comes on all is good except sound is low power and has breaks in sound. This pac device is supposed to work.Am I missing something please help

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,672 Posts
Hi everyone I have an 02 eldorado with bose stereo im replacing head unit with a Sony I bought the pac attachment to convert it over.hooked up wires everything pretty simple,power comes on all is good except sound is low power and has breaks in sound. This pac device is supposed to work.Am I missing something please help
======================
Am I missing something please help
YES - generally speaking -
BOSE amps and speakers do NOT get along with non-BOSE HU's -

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,817 Posts
You're dealing with a Bose system.
The speakers are a low impedance coil, run thru a seperate amp (under the back seat).
Not sure if you've wired this properly, but I THINK it can be made to work.
Can the person you purchased this Sony from give you any wiring advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're dealing with a Bose system.
The speakers are a low impedance coil, run thru a seperate amp (under the back seat).
Not sure if you've wired this properly, but I THINK it can be made to work.
Can the person you purchased this Sony from give you any wiring advice?
I got the pacgm32x was told this is all I need

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,043 Posts
may be late in the game, but you could consult Crutchfield. They have pretty much any harness to make things work. As posted above, the Cadillac Bose system doesn't play well with other systems.

·
Registered
2013 CTS Luxury, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl
607 Posts
Forum member VincentM did this with his 99 Eldo and I believe used a Metra GMOS-06 adapter and a pigtail cable. You can probably search the forum for his posts. There's another adapter available so the steering wheel controls will continue to work.
Here's a link to the adapter on Sonic's site.

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
956 Posts
Use a harness to be safe.

You might have hooked up the line out vs amp out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I’m using harness the only wires that I’m thinking it might be is the blue to the blue white I was told to use a line output converter

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,952 Posts
You need a Metra GMOS-06, ask me how i know

Or an LC-GMRC-03

1 - 11 of 11 Posts