Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
I'm tougher then a Tonka truck, it'd take more then pig flu to take me out.

Now, I didn't say anything about bear flu not taking me out............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Since bacon is derivative of swine, won't swine flu only serve to make Jesda stronger?

Soon the world will be bowing before Jesda's glorious, yet questionable, pants...

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
Bah... swine flu... that's all we talked about in my ethics class today... I don't think there are any cases in Chicago yet *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Personally I think that the majority of this is just blown out of proportion. Yes its a new flu strain that appears to have mutated some, and yes it has a catchier name than the normal strains(Influenza type A, or H1N1A or something else along those lines), and yes its a slow news week so far but are we blowing this out of proportion? According to a CDC study back in the '99/'00 time frame, 63k people die every year due to flu/pneumonia, or complications from it, and flu/pneumonia was the 7th leading cause of death in 98-99(CDC). So not to sound callous or something, but we've had what....25 cases in the US, none have died, none have had a serious risk of dying it seems, yes Mexico has lost around 100 patients, but from what I've read about their health care system(which sometimes doesn't seem like ours is any better) that isn't all that surprising. Personally I think its as much of a media induced frenzy as it is a real emerging threat at this time....yes its good to know about it and be aware, and nice to know that the gov is at least watching it and doing something....but is it actually a serious threat at this point, or is it just the flu season is showing up late to the party this year?

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS Z Rated
258 Posts
Bah... swine flu... that's all we talked about in my ethics class today... I don't think there are any cases in Chicago yet *crosses fingers*
If it does Im picking you up squealing the tires and gettin' the hell outta Chicago. Canada here we come!

You done Gurl? :burn:

Im not kidding, Canadian bored members better make some space for me in there pad cause Imma comin'! :bouncy:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
The 1918 influenza was interesting. The incubation period was 1-3 days. After you exhibited symptoms you were dead in a matter of a few hours. 675,000 Americans died.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 1918 influenza was interesting. The incubation period was 1-3 days. After you exhibited symptoms you were dead in a matter of a few hours. 675,000 Americans died.
I'm glad you made it!

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
There is some school in the city that had like 10 reported cases after they took a trip to Mexico. I saw it on the news the other day.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
It all depends upon how the bug mutates. Since it's killing healthy young adults more than the young and elderly then it could be like past pandemics that cause death due to cytokine storms in the body.

"At least 90 cases have been confirmed worldwide, including 50 in the United States, six in Canada, three in New Zealand, two each in Spain and the United Kingdom, and one in Israel.

With at least 11 other countries suspecting infections, the World Health Organization on Monday raised its alert level from three to four on its six-level scale."

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,409 Posts
Use the usual media-driven knee-jerk reaction to pork prices and stock up on pork shoulders, butts, and country ribs for the summer Weber season. Might as well lay in some Kansas City Masterpiece and Jack Daniel's Hickory barbecue sauce, too.

(I guess most Americans, lemmings that they are, don't know that "swine flu" has nothing to do with pigs.)

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Use the usual media-driven knee-jerk reaction to pork prices and stock up on pork shoulders, butts, and country ribs for the summer Weber season. Might as well lay in some Kansas City Masterpiece and Jack Daniel's Hickory barbecue sauce, too.

(I guess most Americans, lemmings that they are, don't know that "swine flu" has nothing to do with pigs.)
Great advice, Sub! And while they are about it they should stuff their freezer with BACON!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts