Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
99 Eldo

First off, I measured both my front and rear bars adjacent to the bushing with calibrated digital calipers and came up with 19mm and 16mm respectively.I am installing front bushings tomorrow, rear bushings I can only find at dealerships, does anyone have another source for rear bushings?

My other concern is that after speaking with a dealership and providing VIN, my vehicle should be equipped with a front 15mm bar and a rear 12mm bar.Clearly, this is not the case.Also I have never seen those sizes available for aftermarket bushings.They claim the 19mm/16mm combo would be for a 92-97 Eldo.Can anyone provide some input on this?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
99 Eldo

First off, I measured both my front and rear bars adjacent to the bushing with calibrated digital calipers and came up with 19mm and 16mm respectively.I am installing front bushings tomorrow, rear bushings I can only find at dealerships, does anyone have another source for rear bushings?

My other concern is that after speaking with a dealership and providing VIN, my vehicle should be equipped with a front 15mm bar and a rear 12mm bar.Clearly, this is not the case.Also I have never seen those sizes available for aftermarket bushings.They claim the 19mm/16mm combo would be for a 92-97 Eldo.Can anyone provide some input on this?
----------------------
what model Eldo do you have?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Passive suspension, smaller sway bars. The "Cadillac" ride as opposed to performance-oriented.

FE1 is the soft ride, FE3 is the performance.

Are you the first owner ? If not, someone may have attempted to modify the suspension. It's a fairly frequent question in these FWD forums - larger sway bar installs.

You might do some digging for parts differences among models in www.nalleygmc.com and www.gmpartsgiant.com

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
VIN Y, ESC. Dealership claims FE1 package based on the VIN. Something is awry.
-----------------------------
just to be sure -
check the RPO - Regular Production Options sticker -
it's located on the underside of the spare tire cover -

FE1 is "soft" suspension -
FE3 is the "sport" suspension with larger diameter sway bars and stiffer springs -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts