Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right side of the front sway bar broke on my 99 Deville. It snapped 8 inches from the ball joint. Also, I got TCS C1243 this morning. I tapped the connector on the brake modulator and it cleared.
The engine still smokes a lot sometimes but not at all most of the time. Tried all the chemical fixes. It has good power and gets 10.4 l/100km.
I'm seeing a bit of oil seepage. Would it be safe to add some stop leak before the next change? Is there a GM part for this?

·
Super Moderator
86,074 Posts
I'd find the seepage and try to fix it. May just need some bolts retorqued. Stop leak usually just softens the gaskets and is a temporary fix.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The sway bar is fairly easy to fix. Jack up both sides in the front and get some jack stands under it. You will need a front end tool to press out the link pins, as well as the steering linkage. I would just replace the linkage's when you do the sway bar. There is an interfierance fit that is kind of tight. Fish the old one out, it is alot easier than gettng in the new one. It is directional so make sure it is in right before you impact the linkage to the sway bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Guyz1996deville