Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 STS, 2000 L67 Regal Beagle
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of my saggy old struts, and cracked old airbags. I also don't want to spend the money on a passive system. Its just not worth the time and money for this car.

What I'm looking to do is just pull out the current suspension and swap over to conventional shocks and struts. I'll simply pull the service suspension bulb, I don't care about that.

Now, what I'm wondering, is how would I go about finding struts and shocks to match what the stock system has for ride height? I definatly wouldn't mind a harder than stock suspension.

Would this somehow hinder anything else? I'm worried that it will give me a speed limiter or something.

Please let me know what I can do.

Steve

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
I put arnott shocks on my eldo and am real happy, got them on ebay, just do a search on ebay. They feel maybe a little stiffer than the stock shocks did. The plug right in to the stock Electronic shock connector which makes installation a snap.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
Arnott is not electronic.

They are passive struts that replace your CVRSS shocks.

The thing that plugs in merely supresses the "service ride control" message.

·
Registered
99 SLS
29 Posts
Go to Auto Zone and buy the Gabriels they carry. I did mine recently, it's about 220 for all 4 shocks/struts. Hardest part is changing out the air lines for the rears. Ride is fine. With the money you save at AZ, you can do endlinks and sway bar bushings as well. Plus you get a lifetime warranty.

Mike

·
Registered
98 sls
57 Posts
When you say changing out the air lines, im not sure I follow... I'm guessing the new shocks do not use air, so you need to remove the existing rear air lines? Did you upgrade the existing sway bar bushings or just replace with new bushings?

·
Registered
36 Posts
arnott allows you to keep the rear airbags leveling ability. Only thing thats replace are the electronic struts. I don't have them as of yet but it seems like the moderate way to go. Not the extreme of expensive OEM struts and not the extreme of ripping out the leveling ability for regular struts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts