Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have decided that i am just gonna swap out the muffler on the truck.. i really dont need HP gains or anything like that.. just looking for a little mroe aggressive of a sound.. so far I called a Meineke that is local and they told me to bring the truck in for an estimate or whatever.. but he said in stock they have flowmaster.. he also said they carry insinerator or something like that but i never heard of that but he recommended flowmaster.. he said it would be loud but i dont want anything liek OMG LOUD lol.. just looking for a nice rumble.. anyone know what i should expect to pay for such an install and also is flowmaster going to be too much? I dont want to pay X amount for something that i am going to want to rip off the truck everytime i drive.. and I def don't want drone in the vehicle or anything.. i want it to sound very aggressive out side but almost nothing inside the cabin.. i have a 2006 EXT.. thanks for any input..

just called the seoncd meineke that is local.. just a muffler swap is 250 installed but he didnt say the brand he would use.. and then if i watn dual exhaust it would be extra depending how much piping and what tips i use.. seems like alot for just a muffler swap i mean hell for that i oculd probably buy a Gibson exhaust..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I switched one of my Suburban's mufflers with a Borla muffler in the mid 90's, the muffler cost my about $200.00 back then, it was stainless, it sounded good, maybe gained a little preformance. Had a muffler shop install it, think they charged me $50.00, it took them about 40 minutes.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know what muffler the escalade takes? i forget if the stock one was 1 in and 2 out or 2 in 2 out..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My Suburban was single in and single out, which is easier to find. I believe the 02's to 06' were single in and double out, you will just have to measure the pipe size.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was able to stop at the first Mieneke I called.. the guy said 250 to do a swap with a Vortech or Vortex muffler or whatever.. and then he was like "i could make you an exhaust system for 500" he then showed me he would cut right before stock muffler and then just redo the piping.. and i was like forget it.. 500 is a little steep to just throw some muffler in.. for that i could buy a hwole catback system which is probably what i am going to end up doing or at least get a nice setup custom made with duals out and everything.. to pay 500 for minor piping and a muffler i am not familiar with is a little high.. im gonna call a few places.. but if no luck then it looks like Magnaflow or Gibson..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts