Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade Ext 6.0L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the ones like me who got their original hid xenon burn out and wish to the put the same lumens of hid xenon but in led (3200 lumens) so you will never pay again for a ballast or low beam bulb (which is 500$ in canada/montreal at the dealer, of course it is 90$ a pair from ebay) , this kit cost me 140$ Super Bright Cree 5th Generation 6400 Lumen D1R D1S D3R D3S LED Headlight CREE 6500k Super White (3200 lumens each bulb) caddyuyy.png I`m a rookie and I did it my self , the most important thing is turn off battery by unscrewing the black negative first then red positive (when reconnecting battery start by red positive then black negative) wait 1 hours , wear gloves, when you get a hid led you only have a black and red wire , the red wire goes with the ballast yellow/white number 3 in the picture , the black goes with the the black number 1 in the picture, I`ve tested rolling with 1 hid and one led hid and it is the same the color looks the same but the led is a bit brighter but thats my opinion but you can be sure its not less effective, more picture on demand ,

btw if you have a leak or a sound when its just started your truck and goes away when hot a bit its probably a bolt on the manifold that is broken , it is very common on all v8 , anyway , its a 2000 dollar job but you can do it your self with 140$ by putting some bracket on it that goes in your FACTORY holes around it http://www.kralautoparts.com/parts.html , or if you really want to pay to remove them and replace the gasket etc(200$) put the brackets on it anyway after because the bolt are a bit too small and they brake with heat and cold , and youll pay for nothing.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV White Diamond Bought New
12 Posts
Re: *** FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals ***

For the ones like me who got their original hid xenon burn out and wish to the put the same lumens of hid xenon but in led (3200 lumens) so you will never pay again for a ballast or low beam bulb (which is 500$ in canada/montreal at the dealer, of course it is 90$ a pair from ebay) , this kit cost me 140$ Super Bright Cree 5th Generation 6400 Lumen D1R D1S D3R D3S LED Headlight CREE 6500k Super White (3200 lumens each bulb) View attachment 251225 I`m a rookie and I did it my self , the most important thing is turn off battery by unscrewing the black negative first then red positive (when reconnecting battery start by red positive then black negative) wait 1 hours , wear gloves, when you get a hid led you only have a black and red wire , the red wire goes with the ballast yellow/white number 3 in the picture , the black goes with the the black number 1 in the picture, I`ve tested rolling with 1 hid and one led hid and it is the same the color looks the same but the led is a bit brighter but thats my opinion but you can be sure its not less effective, more picture on demand ,

btw if you have a leak or a sound when its just started your truck and goes away when hot a bit its probably a bolt on the manifold that is broken , it is very common on all v8 , anyway , its a 2000 dollar job but you can do it your self with 140$ by putting some bracket on it that goes in your FACTORY holes around it http://www.kralautoparts.com/parts.html , or if you really want to pay to remove them and replace the gasket etc(200$) put the brackets on it anyway after because the bolt are a bit too small and they brake with heat and cold , and youll pay for nothing.

Can you post some pics of the light output?
How is the warm up time?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts