Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Twin Turbo 2005 CTS-V
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a GM 90mm throttle body to install. Upon inspection it comes complete with the electric motor to operate the throttle plate and the plug is the same. The problem is there is no Idle air bypass. What have you guys that have swapped done? I am assuming you just don't use one? Any help would be appreciated. :hmm:

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
maybe it allows so much more are by it dodesnt need it. im just guessing? but with out a IAC (idle air control valve) you car wouldnt be ready for the throttle to no throttle and it might stumble or even die out. just my guess

EDITED: did you ask the people at GM?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
You're talking about putting this on a LS6 powered CTS-V, right?

Buy the wire harness adapter and it'll work just fine.

There is no IAC stepper motor on any CTS-V; that's old school LS1 stuff.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Where does one get the wiring harness adapters?
I have a 90mm TB shipping to me.
I don't think a Harness Adapter is bieng included.

·
Registered
Twin Turbo 2005 CTS-V
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be mistaken about the IAC then. To answer your question yes I have a LS-6 powered V. There is the throttle plate motor on the right side of the throttle body and a smaller sensor looking thing on the left side. I am referring to the sensor mounted on the left of the stock throttle body, there is no sensor or mount on the left side of the 90mm. I guess my revised question is: what is that sensor on the left side and do I need it with the 90mm?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
How on earth does Rick KNOW about all this stuff? :banghead:

Amazing ... just amazing ... :yup:

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Washin, are you installing a new FAST-90 or LS2 manifold on the LS6? The 90-mm TB won't fit on a stock LS6 manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts