Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly new just locked out the email my first membership was under. No password recovery options. I'm back since the first, CTS 07 3.6, had a 06 3.6 CTS, an 05 CTS (still have motor and trans). Now owner of a 07 CTS with blown 3.6 motor wanting to put my 05 3.6 motor in it.

I've read Simple2Me
Outstanding 411, I planned to use the 07 ECM. Being a different timing. I reckon I need to put 07 timing kit on my 05? Can anyone confirm that, and add anything else on the 05 CTS 3.6 to an 07 CTS body/ecm motor swapping??? Greatly appreciated, out of time for my City ordinance letter re: 05 and 07 half dissembled outside my house. Even through you buy a house out right free and clear, in America, you can't work on you vehicles in you private property driveway. So the city goes. I really think its something else! Looking to go all in on the swap, make it or break it. Any advice, thank you

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
This is the non-vehicle-specific Lounge. Let's move this to the correct CTS forum.

Welcome to CF !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  • All apologies, Sir. Using my phone at the moment. Still learning to post. Thank you the correction. Working on getting motors ready as I type.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not exactly new just locked out the email my first membership was under. No password recovery options. I'm back since the first, CTS 07 3.6, had a 06 3.6 CTS, an 05 CTS (still have motor and trans). Now owner of a 07 CTS with blown 3.6 motor wanting to put my 05 3.6 motor in it.

I've read Simple2Me
Outstanding 411, I planned to use the 07 ECM. Being a different timing. I reckon I need to put 07 timing kit on my 05? Can anyone confirm that, and add anything else on the 05 CTS 3.6 to an 07 CTS body/ecm motor swapping??? Greatly appreciated, out of time for my City ordinance letter re: 05 and 07 half dissembled outside my house. Even through you buy a house out right free and clear, in America, you can't work on you vehicles in you private property driveway. So the city goes. I really think its something else! Looking to go all in on the swap, make it or break it. Any advice, thank you
So did u ever do the swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts