Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined after reading numerous posts regarding engine swaps. So first I'd like to thank the participating members for sharing their knowledge and experiences....

In my situation, I finally obtained my dream car, a 1984 Eldorado convertible from Arizona. Was advised after having a "mechanic" and so called friend that the 4100 had a "bottom knock" and he recommended replacing the 4100 instead of rebuilding the 4100. (After opening up the engine, everything was in order and he had nothing to go with other than an overheating theory, but I'll save that for another time...)

So with that advice, I obtained a 1985 Riviera with the olds 307 with the intention of an engine swap...

Everything I've read in forums described this swap as the easiest to do. While the engine mounts right up to the transmission, and bolts right into the caddy, no one mentioned the lockup solutions...

I'm aware of the radar58 site, and have referred to it often. I wanted to know if there is a lockup kit available for the transmission? I would prefer a solution other than the one offered by the earlier mentioned site if at all possible.

Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
You could buy my 84 Eldo convertible with the 4.1R already installed.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but 1 caddy 1 riviera = priceless

lol

wonder if the computer can be programmed to just handle the transmission?

worst case scenario, i'll go with the toggle on radar58....

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
Just trying to be helpful. :duck:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts