Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a navigation system stereo from a crashed cts.
I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows how i would go about swaping out my regular stock stereo with the nav. system one. you know... what ill need,if it will work.

thanks for any and all help
Rob

ps. first post for me.. site is great.. ill put up pics of mine when i can..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
My best advice is to do a search in the CTS forum....... It should give you some answers........

·
Registered
103 Posts
robrr2000 said:
I got my hands on a navigation system stereo from a crashed cts.
I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows how i would go about swaping out my regular stock stereo with the nav. system one. you know... what ill need,if it will work.

thanks for any and all help
Rob

ps. first post for me.. site is great.. ill put up pics of mine when i can..
What a great idea! No way I was going to pay all the extra to get that navigation system new. May I ask how much you had to pay for your system?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend that owns a junk yard... he had a crashed up cts that i was gonna take the ash tray out of, to do a xm radio install.. well it ended up having a nav system in it that he said i could have..

all i gotta do now is figure out how to do it.

I read in another forum that a guy did it and it cost about $300 + nav. system.. so unless you can find one on the cheaper side.... it may not be worth it. of course when its all said and done its like a $4000 option so hey who knows.

·
Registered
20 Posts
all you have to do is replace the dash and have the dealer relearn the VIN#

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ctsdude85 said:
all you have to do is replace the dash and have the dealer relearn the VIN#
Does the dash just pop off... it looks to me like the ac unit has to come off then the piece around the ashtray/ac controls..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
If the dash is anything like the ones in other GM cars, the facia should just pull right off....... Get a screwdriver and pry <gently> and it will unclip........

·
Registered
20 Posts
you'll need a "trim tool" you can get it at auto shops. push it in on the far right in the crack b/w the air controls and the stereo controls and it will "unlock"

·
Registered
2003 CTS Lux Sport, 2004 Yukon Denali, 2013 XTS Platinum
17 Posts
you so the top piece and the bottom piece of the face come off. you have to pry it. you can get the tool or use a nice sturdy knife. this will expose some screws. you also need to take out the screw inside the ash tray. to get to the ash tray screw take out the felt insert.

the GPS will require an antennae. I dont know if the non GPS CTS's came with the antennae pre-installed. its a little plastic thumbsized thingy on the front windshield right behind the rearview mirror. it is glues right on to the windshield from the inside of the car.

Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts