Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I want 18" tires on new 07 escal esv that is currently equiped w/ 22", can I have dealer swap 18" or is that not good to do for whatever reason??

Dealer says no problem but I want to know from the experts here

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Things to think about: Speedo might need to be re-calibrated; make sure you get the proper credit back from the 22s - they are in high demand; EWILL or HVCONE will know if the suspension is tuned any differently with the 22s. You also may want to look on ebay. I know there are a few sets of 4 18 chromes on there pretty cheap (ie. 800-1300 new with tires and sensors and caps etc ). You may be better off buying those and selling yours - just a thought.

Side note, I drove both before choosing the 18 chromes myself. The 22s are definitely HOT and get lots of looks , but the ride with the 18s is obviously better. Frequently driving in snow was the final factor in my decision.

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure would like to hear if this is possible to do. I have two different dealerships saying two different things.

·
Registered
2015 or 2016 coming soon
72 Posts
You will find many here who change from 18's to 22's (winter/summer). Keep in mind that the sensors will need to be reset etc.. I am doing this with my 08. Got wheels on Ebay, got tires and sensors, looking for a reset tool, this way I can do it my self. Do a search on this forum and you will see discussions on this very topic. Hope this helps and does not confuse you more, I know I had the same issue.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
To change tire and wheel size you have to do a couple of things.

1. You have to use an approved tire/wheel combination. GM provides programming assistance for a limited number of wheel and tire combos. They won't help us with anything but.

2. You must reprogram the PCM, EBTCM and Reset the RCDLR to work with the tire pressure sensors.
I think there is some other setup stuff you do with the Tech 2 but it has been a while since I have done one.
We have some "tire guys" that usually handle that sort of stuff.

HTH

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
if I want 18" tires on new 07 escal esv that is currently equiped w/ 22", can I have dealer swap 18" or is that not good to do for whatever reason??

Dealer says no problem but I want to know from the experts here
There is no problem at all as the stock 18's and 22's are the same overall diameter, as Bill said they will need to reset the tire pressure sensors to the truck, it's a 2 minute job. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts