Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
946 Posts
Thanks MHT, I'm leaning to switch out the Bridgestones for the Goodyears, I have a Goodyear card and they offer good rebates etc. I'll keep you posted if I do. As for ride yep that's what I'm looking for the old school ride and the 2018 AWD with 18in and standard shocks is pretty close! My 1962 Sedan Deville rode like a cloud! Ha
I think you will find the Good Year to be a good choice. I too would prefer staying with a well known brand.

·
Registered
2019 XTS PremLux Crystal White Tricoat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just an update here, I don't know if it's the Bridgestones or the car but this Cadillac has so much road noise on the freeway I can't believe it. I had 3 people in the car last night and we drove about 25 miles to and from dinner and even they commented on how much louder the car in the back. All of them had been in my 2018 AWD Lux on the same drive.
I hope changing the tires help.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
615 Posts
I thought I read that the tires were upgraded from the Bridgestones at the 2018 refresh. Guess not, at least on the 20" rims.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
946 Posts
Just an update here, I don't know if it's the Bridgestones or the car but this Cadillac has so much road noise on the freeway I can't believe it. I had 3 people in the car last night and we drove about 25 miles to and from dinner and even they commented on how much louder the car in the back. All of them had been in my 2018 AWD Lux on the same drive.
I hope changing the tires help.
It appears you had a 2018 LUX AWD. If this is true the car would have had 19” wheels with GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S Grand Touring 245-45-19 V tires.

You now have a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD with 20” wheels Bridgestone RE 97 A/S High Performance 245-40-20 V Tires.

I switched my Bridgestone Tires out for the Good Year Eagle Touring A/S Grand Touring 245-40-20 W tires and have notice an improvement in ride quality and tire noise, but please know that 20” wheels with the 245-40-20 tire will be slightly different from a 245-45-19 set up,

I believe you will be happier with the Good Years. The Bridgestone are a HP Tire and IMO should not have been used.

I would recommend that you stay with a Grand Touring Tire.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I finally got around to giving this a try. Here is a side view
IMG_0329.jpg
of my 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD Phantom Gray with the 20" wheels like the ones that come on the Platinum Trim and Good Year Eagle Touring A/S 245-40-20 W Tires.

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum plus
159 Posts
Nice looking car! I also have the 20" wheels and they have the Bridgestone tires. They can be noisy on coarse pavement but on the good fine pavement I can't hear them at all.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice looking car! I also have the 20" wheels and they have the Bridgestone tires. They can be noisy on coarse pavement but one the good fine pavement I can't hear them at all.
I had the Bridgestone Tires, but when I changed the wheels I opted to go with the Good Years.

The problem with the noise level and and ride quality that most complain about with the Bridgestone is due to the fact that it is a High Performance Tire. Just take a look at the tread pattern of the tire. The tire surface also tends to be more flat and less oval.

I think both the Premium and Platinum Trim should have been shoed with the Good Years which is a Grand Touring Tire or another brand of a Grand Touring Tire. Cadillac should have Just put the Bridgestone High Performance Tire on the V- Sport.

I prefer the Good Years over the Bridgestone’s. The Bridgestone is not a bad tire it is just not the tire for those who still want a little of the old school Cadillac ride, but than again neither is the 20” wheels 245-40-20 tire set up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts