Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 silver smoke CTS
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should this box fit in the trunk of my 06 cts? External dimensions were 35 wide, 14 ht, and 23.75" deep. I know it'll fit in it, it's getting it in there that worries me

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
21 Posts
Why so big--what are you putting in there?

Just FYI--bigger doesnt always equate to better. Depending on the quality of the speaker, Amp, setup, you can sometimes get the same sound or better with a smaller setup more attuned to the car.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
NAH......Bigger is better :D But that does seem like a big box....Make a cardboard copy of the size you have listed and try puttin that in first.....

Whatcha got cooking gritter?? You know you gotta tell me :D
YEA! Spill the beans! :stirpot:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Sounds loud. :)

·
Registered
2006 silver smoke CTS
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NAH......Bigger is better :D But that does seem like a big box....Make a cardboard copy of the size you have listed and try puttin that in first.....

Whatcha got cooking gritter?? You know you gotta tell me :D
2 l7 12's with a kicker 750.1 on each, kicker comp set, kicker zx rear coax, with kicker amp. and and lots of sound deadening...

any guesses on if the box will fit?

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
it should fit just fine. I have 2 12W1's in my trunk and the box bracketed to the top of the trunk. Obviously, I removed the factory sub.

·
0 Posts
I got one 15 solobaric in the truck. sounds like chit cause I got it hooked up to the stock radio.

·
Registered
CTS
184 Posts
Good luck...

I have 3 12" L7's... They sound great from inside but its the outside you need to worry about. I used a bundle pack of dynamat and when that didnt work I stuffed a king size sheet in my trunk lid.

It sounds ok on the outside now but definetly still a rattle

·
Registered
2006 silver smoke CTS
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im sure the 100 sq ft i ordered will be alright, if not i can always get more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts