Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
00 - 03 Seville Questions:

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this site & am looking to purchase an 00 - 03 Seville (SLS or STS I'm not totally sure yet) and looking for some help with the following questions, here goes:

- Does the 00 - 03 Seville come factory equipped with a front strut tower bar? (or is one available in the aftermarket?)

- What are some things I should be aware of when purchasing used? IE: mechanical problems, electrical woe's, recalls etc? (keep in mind I will be purchasing the vehicle still under factory warrenty, with service history & most likely getting an extended warrenty on the car as well cause let's face it.....she's a Caddy & parts aren' cheap :)

- I've heard that if the vehicle has a serious oil leak, it can take up to 24 hours of labout to repair cause of taking apart half the engine to get to it.....is this true? :bonkers:

- Is the vehicle easy to service? ie: spark plugs easy to replace, PCV valve, fuel filter etc?

- What kind of replacement spark plugs should I consider & why? IE:
factory platinum, NGK iridium, Bosch + 4's etc.

- Are factory H.I.D. headlights expensive to replace if they burn out? & how much?

- Is regular (87 octane) gasoline or premium suggested?

- Does the Northstar engine have a history of burning oil & should I use synthetic like Mobil 1?

- Any other help, suggestions not mentioned here if you would like to tell me would be of great help! Thanks to all of you in advance for your advice & opnions! :worship:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Your best bet is to do archive searches. All of your questions, for the most part, have been answered in earlier threads.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree........ Do a THOUOUGH search of ALL areas, and then come back with some questions.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 99 SLS and love the car. Most of your question will be answered using this sights info. However, on the down side which is small the car has FWD with some lag in the gearing. Get your self a GOOOOOD and Smart mach. You will have to go to the dealer from time to time to get a diagnostic of the engine. Take care of problems right away don't wait. Don't let anyone else touch the car. No car is perfect but in my mined this ones close, looks, ride and power. enjoy. PSO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
PSO