Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 6.2L V8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be replacing the suspension system soon and I NEED HELP! There are SOOOO many different options and I'm not exactly positive what came stock on my Escalade to begin with. The previous owners replaced all the shock absorbers with cheap ass standard shock absorbers. The ride in my Escalade is awful if I'm being honest. I want to replace all the shock absorbers back to the stock air suspension system. Rockauto has SO many options and some of them are outrageous. I can't guess how long its been riding like this so I'm probably going to have to replace all the components as well? Air compressor, control module things like that. I don't even know where to begin so all the help/information is greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!!

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,462 Posts
Go to the dealer and give your vin for the correct shocks for your truck. I would go OEM only since it's a Cadillac and should run like a Cadillac. I know sometime in 2011 BWI was the shock brand used vs AC Delco.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
14,491 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be replacing the suspension system soon and I NEED HELP! There are SOOOO many different options and I'm not exactly positive what came stock on my Escalade to begin with. The previous owners replaced all the shock absorbers with cheap ass standard shock absorbers. The ride in my Escalade is awful if I'm being honest. I want to replace all the shock absorbers back to the stock air suspension system. Rockauto has SO many options and some of them are outrageous. I can't guess how long its been riding like this so I'm probably going to have to replace all the components as well? Air compressor, control module things like that. I don't even know where to begin so all the help/information is greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!!
Take a look at this thread...

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,860 Posts
The RPO sticker (Regular Production Option)(service parts) - wherever it is on your car - will give you the GM codes for the original suspension parts.

Decipher the sticker with a Google for "2007 gm rpo code definitions" or get a full GM build sheet download with a $5 subscription to www.compnine.com. You get your vehicle VIN build sheet plus any other 4 you choose at later dates.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Both RockAuto and Amazon have AC Delco parts at a fraction of the price of the Stealership. Use the links that others have provided to find the appropriate parts.

It's possible that the pump is good and just disconnected. Probably know more after you get it hooked back up.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
14,491 Posts
I just received my Z55 rear shocks today from RockAuto.
My SPID (RPO sticker) is located inside the glove box, left side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts