Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
New guy here. Just bought a 2011 3.0 with 74k on it. This is my first caddy so i'm pretty happy overall. There are some minor issues I would like to work out if possible. The first one is a squeeking noise in my front end suspension. It only happens when there is major movement like pulling into a driveway or going slow over large speed bumps. It also feels like it might be driver side but i'm not positive. It sounds like something a little grease could fix. So is this a sign of a major issue or do I just need to get under there with a grease gun and hit some grease points?
My other question is where I can find a new backup camera. Mine works but it's a bit fuzzy.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
589 Posts
Backup camera on all of them is a "little fuzzy" especially on the 10-16models. But you can get one from GMPartsDirect.com | GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts if you really want to.
No grease points on these things. So hit it with some Silicone spray at the bushings and see if that clears it up. Our 2012 doesn't squeek at all.
Glad you are happy. HOw's the headlights at night ? That's the other big complaint of these cars unless you already have HID's on it which are far better than the Halogens.

Steve

·
Registered
2011 SRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Backup camera on all of them is a "little fuzzy" especially on the 10-16models. But you can get one from GMPartsDirect.com | GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts if you really want to.
No grease points on these things. So hit it with some Silicone spray at the bushings and see if that clears it up. Our 2012 doesn't squeek at all.
Glad you are happy. HOw's the headlights at night ? That's the other big complaint of these cars unless you already have HID's on it which are far better than the Halogens.

Steve
Okey doke. Thanks for the info! Are there any aftermarket cameras I can throw on there? I assume a video line is a video line as long as you know what you're doing right? Yeah the headlights are filled with moisture but from what I can see there are lots of aftermarket 2011 headlights out there so I haven't stressed to much about that. The front window motors are on there way out too but I have that on order now. Just watched a video on how to replace them and it seems easy enough. I'll update on that down the road here.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
211 Posts
I just bought a 2012 and the front windows seemed slow to me as well. I just greased the tracks and now they are fine.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
211 Posts
I just used white lithium grease and sprayed the rubber window tracks. Need to do it again though. Just noticed they have slowed down again. (I don’t open the windows much during Chicago winters lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts