Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 98 cat currently has 111,000 miles on her and with the stock suspension that i know of that is. Im awair that there are Monroe max air rear shocks for $70 a pair!:yup:(one of my stock rear shocks currently has a leak in it) and they also have sensa tronic shocks/strut for the front for $75 a piece which isnt bad. Thats $250 total for all suspension. My front shocks seem to make a clunking noise over railroad tracks and steep bumps but rides fine on the road. I did a little research and that could be from bad bushings, loose suspension mounting bolts, subframe bolts, and pivot bolts as well as the shocks themselves. Any one have this problem and got new shocks? Do I need anything else? Any help is appreciated By the way the shocks are on www.advanceautoparts.com and fit 97-01 catera as well as rockauto.com for cheaper

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Clunking noise... I had (mentioned a while back in the forum)... issue was top plate... jack the car up and see what happens when you move or turn the front wheel... if it's the top plate you'll hear it.

I replace one rear shock a couple years ago, broke the other in a pot hole... haven't looked at a full replacement yet, but next summer most likely I will.

·
Registered
Omega MV6
8 Posts
Hi from Scotland and www.omegaowners.com

Clunking like this will most probably be the anti roll bar drop link rods.

Cheap, easy replacement with a 17 and 19 mm spanner and trolly jack/axle stand and 20 minutes of your valuable time.

Check ebay link (no connection with seller) for details. Quite self explanatory on how to replace with basic hand tools, save a few bucks doing it yourself.

regards

Hotel21
www.omegaowners.com

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information=) are mine most likely broken or loose? and where are they located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts