Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Deville DTS, getting "Service Suspension System" & "Speed Limited to 90mph" messages. DTC codes are RSS C0582, C0584, & C0662. Is this likely just a bad sensor, or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
C0582 and C0584 both refer to the RF strut damping rate adjustment solenoid. These codes are the reason you are seeing the two messages. And the codes are contradictory which points me toward damaged wiring. Remove the RF wheel and inspect the wire harness that exits the lower inboard surface of the strut and connects to the chassis wiring inside the engine cradle. If you open the strut to chassis harness connector, you can put an Ohmmeter on the strut side and check for continuity; the strut should yield on the order of 12 to 15 Ohms.

Has there been any work performed in that area?

Your C0662 relates to the Electronic Level Control system compressor located in the RR wheel well. Could also be damaged wiring OR a failed compressor exhaust valve solenoid.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim for the answer and information. I'll take it to my mechanic tomorrow so he can put it up on a lift and check the wiring. As to whether or not there was any previous work done in that area, I don't know, since I've only had the car for about a month. Come to think of it, when I got the car, the right front tire was showing uneven wear. I put new tires on the front, wheel bearings and tie rod ends on both sides, and had an alignment done. Thank God I have a buddy who's a crack mechanic and does work for me on the cheap...which was the deciding factor in my buying this car, since I know how expensive they can be to repair! I'll report his findings regarding the front strut wiring and rear compressor...thanks again for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts