Cadillac Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 136 Posts

· Registered
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum
72 Posts
I hope it's activated automatically. I had an OEM dash cam in my S-Class. But i had to turn it on every time. I missed a lot of good footage in my S-class cuz I always forgot to turn it on.
2023 S Class is automatic now. I believe older models can do a software update to get it. Need to turn on auto-loop or something like that

· Registered
2023 Escalade PLux
43 Posts
I was able to get mine to work after following the tips on this forum. 64GB, V30, Formatted to Fat32 and it worked. Thanks for that.

I'm not entirely clear how or when it works though. Is it recording while the vehicle is off? Like a Tesla - ready to catch whomever may mess with her? Or, is it just while driving? Do you have to turn it on every time, Or does it stay on and just overwrite each file. How are the files broken up for viewing? It's a great option for Cadillac, and I hope it's made better with software updates. For example, it would be great if it could record and flag a recording in the event the car is disturbed while parked.

· Premium Member
2023 Escalade Prem Lux, 2021 C8 Corvette
473 Posts
I was able to get mine to work after following the tips on this forum. 64GB, V30, Formatted to Fat32 and it worked. Thanks for that.

I'm not entirely clear how or when it works though. Is it recording while the vehicle is off? Like a Tesla - ready to catch whomever may mess with her? Or, is it just while driving? Do you have to turn it on every time, Or does it stay on and just overwrite each file. How are the files broken up for viewing? It's a great option for Cadillac, and I hope it's made better with software updates. For example, it would be great if it could record and flag a recording in the event the car is disturbed while parked.
I checked mine yesterday and it turned on several times while it was parked in a parking lot at Home Depot. So I know it has some sensors but I watched the videos and I’m not sure what turned them on. What I’m not sure of is when it’s on. Sometimes I get the red dot on my screen and other times I don’t but yet it’s still recording. I think Cadillac pushed this out too quickly and we’re suffering because of it. I mean I still don’t have any grid lines when I’m in reverse and the hourglass won’t go away.

· Registered
2023 Escalade PLux
43 Posts
I checked mine yesterday and it turned on several times while it was parked in a parking lot at Home Depot. So I know it has some sensors but I watched the videos and I’m not sure what turned them on. What I’m not sure of is when it’s on. Sometimes I get the red dot on my screen and other times I don’t but yet it’s still recording. I think Cadillac pushed this out too quickly and we’re suffering because of it. I mean I still don’t have any grid lines when I’m in reverse and the hourglass won’t go away.
That's interesting. Mine has been in the garage all night, so it had no external stimulus. I'll be interested to see if it recorded. This feature has a lot of potential. I hope they spend a minute on it and push some software improvements. 64GB is pretty limited when recording 4 HD cameras. I agree with previous posters that the Escalade bills itself as the tech SUV, but at the core, there is some really old tech. Fingers crossed that this feature is developed. Right now, it's sort of like handing your kid in the back seat a cell phone and asking him or her to record whatever.

· Registered
9 Posts

Yes, 64GB V30 Fat32 works too. But totally different from manual.

· Registered
2023 Escalade PLux
43 Posts
Right - I think the manual calls for exFat format, which didn't work for me. V30 is 3 generations old - 30 mb/second vs the current V90 @ 90 mb/second. Pretty soon, you'll have to shop on eBay to find an old 64GB V30 chip! As long as it works, I guess.

· Registered
9 Posts
Right - I think the manual calls for exFat format, which didn't work for me. V30 is 3 generations old - 30 mb/second vs the current V90 @ 90 mb/second. Pretty soon, you'll have to shop on eBay to find an old 64GB V30 chip! As long as it works, I guess.
Actually I don’t know what’s GM plan! My 2023 Cadillac got repair after 2 weeks purchase, since factory incorrect install. And also so disappointed behind technology. Not good for both power train and technology. I will try Ford for my next vehicle.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. My 23 Sport is having an issue where the SD card is not recognized. Took it to the dealer yesterday, techs had no idea what to do. Sales guy said he had another owner come in the previous day with the same issue, so he's got a call in to the factory rep to see if the newest units were shipped without a specific chip to enable the card reader to work. The manual specs an SD card with a minimum 64GB size, V30, formatted as exFAT as mentioned above, but SD cards of 64, 128, 256, and 512 (yes, I bought and tried them all, and they are all of the highest quality) will not work. Reformatted them just to be certain as well. There's a problem with them that needs to be figured out and corrected.
I have a 2023 Escalade and finally had luck through lots of hours spent on these forums. Cadillac was no help to me much like they were to you. I found a thread suggesting using a third party formatting program called minitool partition wizard for format my sd card to fat32 instead of exfat and it finally worked! No more “no sd card” error message. I know the manual says exfat but the system still requires the basic fat32 format only. Hope this helps.

· Premium Member
473 Posts
I have a 2023 Escalade and finally had luck through lots of hours spent on these forums. Cadillac was no help to me much like they were to you. I found a thread suggesting using a third party formatting program called minitool partition wizard for format my sd card to fat32 instead of exfat and it finally worked! No more “no sd card” error message. I know the manual says exfat but the system still requires the basic fat32 format only. Hope this helps.
You can go into the command prompt on your computer and do it yourself instead of paying. If anyone is interested I can send the directions. It’s not that hard.

· Registered
15 Posts
So after reading here and buying a card, then reformatting it. Then reformatting 2 different cards I already had in other devices. Nothing would work. Then I stuck my hand back behind the reader slot and down falls a cord not plugged it. There was one thing plugged into it but it needs both.

So if your like me and using the right card that is reformatted and it still won’t work. Look and see if it is unplugged.

Now working with original card purchased for it and reformatted to the specs on this thread after a wasted couple of hours. Lol Off to fix the cards I reformatted back to what they were to go back in other devices.

Thank you for all the help on this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 623886 I was able to figure out the "SD card is not recognized" issue: 1st: Per manual, It is recommended to use at least 64GB SD card size, V30. However, I cannot get it to work on exFAT format. I had to reformat the SD card to FAT32. This is the format used by other Cadillac models with surround vision recording. 2nd: You will need a 3rd party utility (e.g. Ridgecrop) to be able to format 64GB SD card to FAT32 if you are using Windows OS. Hope it helps.
Where is the SD slot? Just took delivery of ‘23 and it is not in the back by sub or in glove box.

· Registered
2023 Escalade 4WD Platinum DURAMAX
91 Posts
Where is the SD slot? Just took delivery of ‘23 and it is not in the back by sub or in glove box.
In my '23 there are two speaker grilles on the driver's side. The rear-most grille is removable, and the card slot should be obvious once that's removed. If you scroll towards the top of this thread someone posted a diagram from the owners manual...

· Registered
2023 Escalade PLux
43 Posts
I'm still not clear on what triggers the recording - or is it always on? What about when the vehicle is parked? Otherwise, mine is working (once configured per this thread). Clearly, video should be available via the app and not by yanking off a speaker grille in the back, removing a card and connecting to my laptop through a card reader and dongle. Come on Cadillac - this is a huge feature!

· Registered
91 Posts
Clearly, video should be available via the app and not by yanking off a speaker grille in the back, removing a card and connecting to my laptop through a card reader and dongle. Come on Cadillac - this is a huge feature!
I couldn't agree more. If you're going to do this, place the memory card in the glovebox or center console -- where It would be far easier to retrieve!

· Registered
91 Posts
The thieves would take it too and you wouldn’t have proof of them breaking in. It has to be a little difficult
I find it hard to believe that GM can't engineer a way to do both: make it reasonably secure, in a locking compartment, yet reasonably easy to access for owners. My dealer already dented the grille/cover you have to remove to access this, and it's not a viable long-term solution. It's really not rocket science -- and I'm pretty sure thieves have access to the same info we do. Having it behind that flimsy speaker grille is NOT a secure location; takes less than 5 seconds to pop the grille and remove the card!

· Premium Member
473 Posts
I find it hard to believe that GM can't engineer a way to do both: make it reasonably secure, in a locking compartment, yet reasonably easy to access for owners. My dealer already dented the grille/cover you have to remove to access this, and it's not a viable long-term solution. It's really not rocket science -- and I'm pretty sure thieves have access to the same info we do. Having it behind that flimsy speaker grille is NOT a secure location; takes less than 5 seconds to pop the grille and remove the card!
I agree with you. They should have a better way especially since this model has ask the technology! And how did they dent the cover? There’s a spot underneath it to get your fingers in to pull it out.

61 - 80 of 136 Posts