Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 623886

I was able to figure out the "SD card is not recognized" issue:

1st: Per manual, It is recommended to use at least 64GB SD card size, V30. However, I cannot get it to work on exFAT format. I had to reformat the SD card to FAT32. This is the format used by other Cadillac models with surround vision recording.
2nd: You will need a 3rd party utility (e.g. Ridgecrop) to be able to format 64GB SD card to FAT32 if you are using Windows OS.

Hope it helps.
Thank you. Trying this now.

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum - Supercruise, Night Vision, Power Running Boards, Onyx
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
View attachment 623886

1st: Per manual, It is recommended to use at least 64GB SD card size, V30. However, I cannot get it to work on exFAT format. I had to reformat the SD card to FAT32. This is the format used by other Cadillac models with surround vision recording.
2nd: You will need a 3rd party utility (e.g. Ridgecrop) to be able to format 64GB SD card to FAT32 if you are using Windows OS.

Hope it helps.
Does it record all the time? Only if an event is detected?

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
My CT6 has the recorder and you have to use a 32GB SD card formatted as FAT32. Larger capacities do not work. Now, something may have changed in the newer Escalade's but if you have a 32GB card, try that first. Here is an older thread regarding the issue on the CT6:

· Registered
2023 Escalade Sport
11 Posts
Thanks all. Will reformat the 64GB card I bought...just like the one above.

· Registered
2023 Escalade Sport
11 Posts
View attachment 623886

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much!! Reformatted to 64GB, FAT32,32k allocation size, and it works fine! I used EaseUS Partition Master (and paid the $50 for the lifetime upgrades...).
Does a Cadillac rep peruse this forum? Should probably be communicated to them. I'm going to chat with my dealership and let them know what the solution is, and recommend that they format customer's SD cards.
Thanks again!

· Registered
6 Posts
Thank you so much!! Reformatted to 64GB, FAT32,32k allocation size, and it works fine! I used EaseUS Partition Master (and paid the $50 for the lifetime upgrades...).
Does a Cadillac rep peruse this forum? Should probably be communicated to them. I'm going to chat with my dealership and let them know what the solution is, and recommend that they format customer's SD cards.
Thanks again!
You're very welcome!

· Registered
2023 Escalade Sport
11 Posts
FWIW, I tried a 256GB card, formatted to FAT32, and it didn't work....wondering if 64GB is the upper limit.

· Premium Member
2023 Escalade Prem Lux, 2021 C8 Corvette
473 Posts
Thanks again!
So do I format to extFat32 or just Fat32? I have a 64gb and i formatted to extFat32 with a 32 kb allocation and it’s not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
35 Posts
FYI - dash cams are VERY sensitive to SD cards as well. In addition, there are LOTS of fakes on Amazon. Even if you buy the branded version direct from Amazon (and not a 3rd party with Amazon fulfillment), you are still at risk of getting a fake SD card. The only way you know is trial and error.

· Premium Member
473 Posts
FAT32 with a 32kb allocation/cluster size.

Ryan
What a mess this is! I called my IT in because my computer won’t do the FAT32 just the extFAT32. So we went through the command prompt and had to set partition and volume and then format it. Now my volume was too big and I have to reformat again. And all the programs that are on the internet cost! What a shame Cadillac can’t do any better than this. This really needs to get figured out quickly by then and they should just give us a free SD card like they do with the maps!

· Registered
33 Posts
I popped open the cover in the cargo area where the surround vision recorder card slot is supposed to me. The slot did not have a cover, and has to be inserted horizontally, not vertically. Also, the slot appears to be 3X the width as the card. Perhaps the vehicle did not get the option? It is a 2023 and was built around the 3rd week of production.

I did not have a card yet and did not investigate the area, but I wonder if the car even has it.

· Premium Member
473 Posts
I popped open the cover in the cargo area where the surround vision recorder card slot is supposed to me. The slot did not have a cover, and has to be inserted horizontally, not vertically. Also, the slot appears to be 3X the width as the card. Perhaps the vehicle did not get the option? It is a 2023 and was built around the 3rd week of production.

I did not have a card yet and did not investigate the area, but I wonder if the car even has it.
Mine was a small slot that is vertical next to the fuse box.
I finally got the SD card to work. I used the Command Prompt on my computer. If anyone is interested here are some easy steps.
After you are in the command prompt type ‘Diskpart’. Then type ‘list disk’. When you see the SD card type ‘select disk ?’. Put the number in where the question mark is. Then type ‘clean’.
Then type ‘create partition primary’. Then type ‘format fs=fat32 quick’. It should format it pretty quickly. If it comes up that the volume is too large type ‘shrink desired=2600’. Then try to format it again with the command above. It took me a while but it’s working now.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts