Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS Luxury
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Cadillac sent me an email asking if I was happy with my 2018 CTS Premium Lux 3.6 V6 AWD, and I politely replied I was very happy, but having trouble buying a new CT5, particularly one with 3.0TT, AWD, Magnetic Ride Control, eLSD, Stabilitrak, and Bembo brakes, all of which I have on my 2018, but dealer says not available on the CT5 Premium Lux nor the Sport, even though the Cadillac website says otherwise.

Customer Care responded in an email to me today that these features will only be available on the CT5(V) which will not be available until "late 2020." This implies to me that the current lineup will be limited to the 2.0 4 cylinder, RWD, even though the Cadillac website says otherwise.
They referred me to these web sites for more info:
2020 Cadillac CT5-V
2018 Cadillac CTS Sedan
2020 Cadillac CT5
They also said in their email to me,
"The start of production of the CT5 3.0L TT and CT5-V started Monday (10 Feb).
A CT5-V variant will have the 3.0 TT with another engine option offered later this year."

My take is the phrase "start of production" might mean we will see the (V) for sale in 3 or 4 months, meaning maybe July or August, or more likely in my opinion, November or December." Just my guess.

Money had been burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm starting to revive my romance with my 2018, which is a superb car, especiallyl the naturally aspirated V6 which is not in the cards for the CT5. Now that I've cooled off, I'm starting to wonder, exactly what significant improvements the new CT5, even the CT5(V) really has over the CTS. (So I've looked at BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and others, but not impressed, although my neighbors might think highly of one of those.)

·
Registered
17 ATS-V Coupe 6MT (Me) / 17 XT5 Luxury AWD (Wife) / 14 CTS VSport prem(past)
133 Posts
Well, good to know the 3.0TT is starting production.

Since my '17 ATS-v lease is coming to an end in 1.5 months, I was recently given a fully loaded 2.0T sport as a demo. I am very happy with the car overall but I'm not sure I'll be happy with the 2.0T coming from my V. Hopefully 3.0TT's will be readily available on dealer lots (w/ reasonable lease rates) when the time comes to give my V back.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
986 Posts
I have a CTS VSport. The only option that the new CT5V (I think of it as my car’s replacement) may end up with is AWD. It’ll be down hp (60) and torque (25). It’ll have to blow me away when I see it, but now, I have to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,200 Posts
3.0TT -- On CT5 Prem Lux + V
AWD -- On all trims.
MRC -- On V
LSD -- On V
Stabilitrak -- On all Trims.
Brembo -- On Sport + V

We need the mild V to get all of those.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
508 Posts
The 3.0 is available on the Premium, but not the big brakes (with painted calipers). The XTS has them std. at all levels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently Cadillac sent me an email asking if I was happy with my 2018 CTS Premium Lux 3.6 V6 AWD, and I politely replied I was very happy, but having trouble buying a new CT5, particularly one with 3.0TT, AWD, Magnetic Ride Control, eLSD, Stabilitrak, and Bembo brakes, all of which I have on my 2018, but dealer says not available on the CT5 Premium Lux nor the Sport, even though the Cadillac website says otherwise.

Customer Care responded in an email to me today that these features will only be available on the CT5(V) which will not be available until "late 2020." This implies to me that the current lineup will be limited to the 2.0 4 cylinder, RWD, even though the Cadillac website says otherwise.
They referred me to these web sites for more info:
2020 Cadillac CT5-V
2018 Cadillac CTS Sedan
2020 Cadillac CT5
They also said in their email to me,
"The start of production of the CT5 3.0L TT and CT5-V started Monday (10 Feb).
A CT5-V variant will have the 3.0 TT with another engine option offered later this year."

My take is the phrase "start of production" might mean we will see the (V) for sale in 3 or 4 months, meaning maybe July or August, or more likely in my opinion, November or December." Just my guess.

Money had been burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm starting to revive my romance with my 2018, which is a superb car, especiallyl the naturally aspirated V6 which is not in the cards for the CT5. Now that I've cooled off, I'm starting to wonder, exactly what significant improvements the new CT5, even the CT5(V) really has over the CTS. (So I've looked at BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and others, but not impressed, although my neighbors might think highly of one of those.)
we should see the basic ct5 v in late March if it started production this week. The regular ct5 went into production mid November and showed up by year end I think the additional engine variant is the one we won’t see until late in year.

·
Registered
17 ATS-V Coupe 6MT (Me) / 17 XT5 Luxury AWD (Wife) / 14 CTS VSport prem(past)
133 Posts
we should see the basic ct5 v in late March if it started production this week. The regular ct5 went into production mid November and showed up by year end I think the additional engine variant is the one we won’t see until late in year.
Yes correct, it'll be on lots by the end of Q1 if the info he received from the Cadillac rep is correct.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,200 Posts
A salesman told me they have a couple March build dates for Prem Lux with 3.0 engine.

Dealers now have plenty of CT5 with 2.0. Should now have time to build 3.0 and CT4.

Depending on options, you can get a CT5-V for the same as a Prem Lux loaded with the 3.0TT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 3.0L TT Prem lux on order. It's supposed to built next week. We'll see.
Please keep us posted. I actually thought the V would roll off the assembly line first as I didn’t see the 3.0TT engine in prem lux SAE certified yet. Looking to order a 3.0TT myself. Not sure of prem lux or V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts