Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I need some help. I have been tuning my car for the past couple of days. I have raised the boost level to 14psi using the 9.55" pulley. My issue right now is when I run the car on WOT and shift to the next gear at redline the car kind of surges a couple of times through out the entire RPM range. It feels like either the Torque Management is kicking in or the supercharger is cutting out. It is like some safety for the transmission. My car has heads and cam, lower pulley, CAI, ported snout, LT Headers. On the dash gauge I see it almost hit 15psi which seems to be around 14-14.5psi.

Could someone please help me in doing this, the previous tuner did manage to soften the Torque Management when it did this, but right now I increased the timing a bit and the car gained more torque so I think it started doing it again. I compared both tunes together (Old one with surging vs new one without surging before timing addition) and nothing seems to be changed. I turned all the scanners on the computer while driving and when it does it no Torque Management scanner goes on. Is there any place else that I need to look at or change. The car does not have any Knock Retard.

Thanks in advance

mr.algaz

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I had this happen once at the track and thought it was associated with fuel pickup.

It may be a plug blowout from compression or it could be the fuel pump. Are you data logging as indicated before. Make sure you have 1/2 tank of gas in there so the pump is not starved under this acceleration

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
I run my car with less that 1/4 tank on the DR's. With the duel pumps it should not be starving.

If you are losing power at/before the shifts you really need to be logging. It could be the limiter, it could be huge knock, it could even be the tranny tune. Have you ever had the TCM tune changed?
It it highly unlikely torque management and at those RPM's, something wrong with fuel or timing won't live long.

·
Registered
2009 Radiant CTS-v
60 Posts
In HPTuners there is a section for boost disable under the Engine:Torque Management:Supercharger tab.

Make sure the MAP Enable is above your max boost in kPa and MAP Disable is above that by a similar amount.

Mine are at MAP Enable 220 kPa and MAP Disable 240 kPa

If your boost level approaches the Enable level, the bypass will open to dump boost.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In HPTuners there is a section for boost disable under the Engine:Torque Management:Supercharger tab.

Make sure the MAP Enable is above your max boost in kPa and MAP Disable is above that by a similar amount.

Mine are at MAP Enable 220 kPa and MAP Disable 240 kPa

If your boost level approaches the Enable level, the bypass will open to dump boost.
Thanks a lot BluMachine, that is exactly what I have done. After a couple of hours on the HPTuner I found the parts and made the changes. The car runs great right now. I will post the dyno sheets once I make a run on the Dyno.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help

·
Registered
2009 Radiant CTS-v
60 Posts
Thanks a lot BluMachine, that is exactly what I have done. After a couple of hours on the HPTuner I found the parts and made the changes. The car runs great right now. I will post the dyno sheets once I make a run on the Dyno.

Glad I could help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts

Guy's if you disabeled it in the ECU and unplugged the P valve and capped the intake it can work anyway right?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
HMMMM, this is what I experienced at the track on the tune with the new LSX motor. I wonder if this is what is going on?

Ran fine on the dyno in 4th gear. Did what you described in the intiial post in every gear on the LSX at the track.

Sputters a little before each shift, I stay in it and the tranny shifts after about 1 or 2 seconds of sputter.

Can you tell me exactly what the fix is in laymens terms?

Jesse attributed it to tranny slip.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
You have no p valve assembly curtis, so the computer cant and will not pull boost anymore.

Your values on those tables are all maxed out. That is simple stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts