Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new ECM put in my car last week at the dealership and my superchips needs to be reprogrammed because my air/fuel ratio is off. With a new ECM, do I need a new programer, or can I just use the one I have?
Magnuson says that the programmer is reusable, but Stillen says I need to buy a new one. Anyone have any expierience?
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
blackonblackonblack said:
I had a new ECM put in my car last week at the dealership and my superchips needs to be reprogrammed because my air/fuel ratio is off. With a new ECM, do I need a new programer, or can I just use the one I have?
Magnuson says that the programmer is reusable, but Stillen says I need to buy a new one. Anyone have any expierience?
Thank you for your help
I believe it's re-usable, but I've not had to re-program my PCM.

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
My take is that it is linked to your VIN, and I would assume that as long as your new ECM has your old VIN associated with it, there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Cover the cost of shipping and I'll put the original Magnuson version in your PCM.

Or you could get that holiday gift for yourself with 40 more hp. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
StealthV,
I'd love to buy your ECM upgrade but I already have too much horsepower and I keep frying diffs.

I went to the dealership yesterday and performed the ECM tune with the superchips. It worked perfectly, and as soon as I was done, my car ran how it should. Thank you for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts