Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any 04 V owners that have the superchip programer with performance mode installed i have a question? do any of you guys have a problem with pinging above 4000 rpms because i do and i use 93 cheveron. now i sent it back to superchips to check the programer because with stock mode i get no pinging. they called me back and told me that there was notthing wrong with the programer and to take the car to the dealer with out the programer for the pinging issue so i did and like i thought nothing was found wrong so i called superchips again to inform them that the dealer did not find anything wrong with the car that it had to be there programer causing the pinging and they said no way and that no body else who has bought the same programer for the 04 V's have complained about pinging. please if you any info on this issue please let me know...thanks :confused:

·
Registered
CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus
1,129 Posts
I have the SuperChips tune on my 04. I also (irony kicking my A$$) have been unable to drive my car for the last week or so. (I feel like an addictic with not "junk" rubbing my arm (right foot) where the needle needs to go). :banghead:

The reason has nothing to do with the SuperChip tuner but is work related.

After installing the tuner, I did not hear any pinging that I can recall. But I do hope to find out this weekend ( :lildevil: )

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
StealthV said:
V-Force, what octane fuel are you burning?
V-Force posted that he uses 93 cheveron, V-Force it's not to late to upgrade to the ping free power of the Stealth... Tell Superchip to keep their tuner..

Bill

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Oops, missed the 93 octane part.

What was the engine coolant temp? Was it hot outside? Stop and go traffic?

Now that you've tried the Superchips, try a Stealth real calibration next and I know which one you'll be returning for a refund. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stealth i always run 93 octane but you know what i'm so fed-up with the back and forth with superchips that i'm not wasting my time with them. I' m planing on buying your program i just haven't had a way or place to put the v or lift it up to get to the computer right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StealthV said:
Oops, missed the 93 octane part.

What was the engine coolant temp? Was it hot outside? Stop and go traffic?

Now that you've tried the Superchips, try a Stealth real calibration next and I know which one you'll be returning for a refund. :)

Stealth yes it pings when its hot out side and yes stop and go traffic. you get this alot in miami florida. hot hot :rant2:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
V-FORCE said:
Stealth i always run 93 octane but you know what i'm so fed-up with the back and forth with superchips that i'm not wasting my time with them. I' m planing on buying your program i just haven't had a way or place to put the v or lift it up to get to the computer right now.
if you are skinny, you can shimmy under the front with no jack or lifts. Alternatively if you have a garage slab that is slightly elevated, park with the nose on the slab so your front hangs over the driveway...those few inches are all you need. Of course, Rhino ramps are pretty cheap :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts