Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I forgot to mention too guys were asking about fuel economy or SLP had stated fuel economy this one runs around 15 L/100 Km empty and around 22 L/100 km with a small enclosed 2 place trailer.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I have no idea how to read your fuel economy.
I currently get 14.5mpg with a conservative street tune. Hoping to slap a supercharger on when the warranty is up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of the world besides the usa uses L/100 Km google easily converts it but for the lazy folks. 15 Liters / 100 KM = 15 MPG, 22 Liters/100 KM = 10.5 MPG. Its not horrible but its not great.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Considering this is an American company, MPG trumps the rest of the world. If this was a Ferrari forum, i'd understand your reasoning :)

Fuel economy doesn't really matter. You gotta pay to play. These are not Prius's.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Premium, 2014 f150 fx4 ecoboost, 2001 Turbo TA
30 Posts
That supercharger looks badass TurboJamie. Very clean man. Have you ran it at the track? Suprised you didn't go Turbo as your name would imply. I'm guessing you have other vehicles. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
No track runs just a daily driver and trailer puller. I do play with turbo`s on a lot of other toys haha. This just happens to be a different application. I wish someone would package a turbo kit as clean as this SLP kit it would be awesome. I do find the SC lacks the diesel like torque you get from turbo`s more or less they flash em to down shift and rev a little too early for my liking. I am going to start playing with the truck with efi live to see what can be done. I don`t love the tune SLP uses.

Also blower noise is definitely there this truck has the slp dual exhaust which you never hear over the SC whine which my wife does not love.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Premium, 2014 f150 fx4 ecoboost, 2001 Turbo TA
30 Posts
What other turbo toys do you have? I'm huge fan of them especially on LS and LQ motors. You might be able to take one of the seirra kits and make it work for the escalade but there would probably be some fabrication that would need to be done. Especially with the downpipe routing. I love that turbo spool, but yea I agree that the blower whine is awesome as well. I use HPTuners and from what I can tell with the escalade pcm's is they appear to be pretty open. Haven't touched the tune yet, but pulled down a copy of what was there to look at the tables.

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,501 Posts
Anyone out there still running a SC on the EXT? Bought mine with a magnason and just found out after 6 months that someone modified the intercooler line to the pump.....was never pumping because it couldnt prime.....wtf....

Its awakened now!! especially past 4k rpm, pulls like my camaro now!!

Not sure about this talk about neck snapping and laying you in the seat thing, but it sure feels good. I HAVE surprised a few people in the camaro though lol, that might snap your neck, but its a stick.

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,501 Posts
hmm....all the supercharged ones blew up or what??

21 - 34 of 34 Posts