Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the Magnuson supercharger, says I could see 120hp gains. Anybody have this kit?

How much hp can you get out of the 6.2L without blowing it up? Thinking of getting this kit, maybe throwing a smaller pulley on it if I can.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I think thats a TVS1900 setup for those gains. There is also a TVS2300 kit that is a little more efficient at making power on the 6.2l and as such, produces more HP. SLP makes a good kit.

Also look into the GM LSA superchargers. These are the same ones used on the CTSV, the Corvette , and the track cars. MUCH cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. im liking the TVS2300. how much boost can you run on the 6.2L / how much HP can you get out of it without blowing it up?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Check out the Edlebrock unit, looks stock and makes great power, it's all we have been putting on Camaro's and Corvette's the last few years, we have put several on Escalade's and Tahoe's, you would never believe how a 5.3 runs with an Edlebrock supercharger on it

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This is the first post I have seen where someone has actually used one of those EForce units, and I'm on a lot of LSx sites!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the recommendations guys. What kind of power numbers would I be looking at with these kits? Are these kits reliable?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You might want to look further on ls1tech or performancetrucks.net
There seems to be a real lack of performance oriented people on this forum.
I do not recall the HP #'s but I want to say around a 150hp increase in stock form. Of course its always recommended to add exhaust / headers / intake / cam / heads etc. to get the most performance out of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. is the TVS2300 CARB legal? I'm in california and don't want to have any issues when it comes time to smog.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Carb legal? These are for throttle bodies. I don't think I have seen a GMT900 with a carb conversion.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS 383 LT1 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 DTS
197 Posts
Carb legal? These are for throttle bodies. I don't think I have seen a GMT900 with a carb conversion.
The poster states he is from California. CARB = California Air Resources Board. The super charger kit would have to be CARB legal for him to pass emissions.

383 LT1 SS

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
383 LT1 SS said:
The poster states he is from California. CARB = California Air Resources Board. The super charger kit would have to be CARB legal for him to pass emissions. 383 LT1 SS
thanks for clearing that up for our fellow members, I'm in cali as well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just heard back from Magnuson. Apparently the TVS2300 is not CARB legal. The TVS1900 however, is CARB legal. I'm looking to be able to pass smog without issue so i'll be grabbing this kit. Thanks for the help guys !

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Oh ok. Had no idea. I live on the right coast in VA Beach. We don't care about silly things like that lol

Check out the SLP kit, it's worth a phone call at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an ext with the SLP kit on it, rocks pretty hard. The thing flat out rips, pins you in the seat at any time and will bust the AWD front wheels loose on a hard launch so much so that you really have to hang onto the wheel.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Post some pics!

Curious how you bust the front wheels loose - the system is direct drive all 4 I thought.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
dsminva said:
Post some pics! Curious how you bust the front wheels loose - the system is direct drive all 4 I thought.
if it pulls that hard the power along with weight shift will lighten the load upfront and make the wheels slip, i have no blower but i have experience that on hard accel pulling a trailer... Yeah and that torque steer is crazy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I guess I'm failing to understand how the front can slip when they are directly connected to the rear. The transfer case is a direct drive system isn't it? Coupled with a chain assay not a clutch pack. If the front turns/slips, then the rear does too.

If i'm wrong please tell me why. I'm not trying to be a dick, but just stating 'it just does' inputs zero knowledge here.

Perhaps they all spin and give the impression of just the front? I know if I do a smoky burnout in my car i'm still moving forward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm wondering the same thing too, do these escalades have just open front and rear diffs? How does the transfer case operate?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,459 Posts
If you turn off the traction control / stabilitrak, it'll spin the front tires given the right conditions.

.....Torque news actually mentions it in a review of the 2013 platinum edition.

As for the transfer case --

BW4485 design includes the use of a planetary differential enables the use of the Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) in larger GM upper end vehicles. The VSES makes use of the planetary differential, by utilizing braking to a tire that has less traction and dividing the engine torque to the other axle.

The Borg Warner 4485, is RPO NR3 transfer case it is a single speed, full-time, all wheel drive (AWD), transfer case. The transfer case provides power to axles, 40/60 torque divide, front/rear, full time through an external planetary type differential, which has two different sets of pinion gears. Both axles are constantly being driven for maximum traction in every conditions, have proven to provide slightly lower fuel mileage and more tire wear.

The transfer case external type planetary differential functions the same as a typical (open) rear differential, differential pinion gears work as spider gears, as well as the sun gears function as side gears. The BW4485 case halves are high-pressure, die-cast magnesium. Ball bearings support the input shaft, the front output shaft, as well as the rear output shaft. The input shaft delivers the power to the planetary differential. The case of the planetary differential is splined to the input shaft. The front sun gear is engaged with the drive sprocket, which drives the chain for the front output shaft, and power is sent to the front dtive shaft.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Better than any explanation i could of given, hell i don't know why it does it, i jus know it does, even without disabling safety features

1 - 20 of 34 Posts