Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Intercooler Cover Change

13K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  robctsv 
#1 ·
Anyone notice a change in the intercooler cover? It looks like there are some small exposed screws and a smooth top section in place of the previous ribs. Did I miss a thread on this?

See less See more
#38 ·
Mine was an 04/09 build and has the plate. I tapped on the plate and it seems substantial enough that it won't bend with the pressure increase you might get with an overboost. Seems more like an access cover for something. Maybe it is for a forced induction hood inlet, although its location under the brace is awkward. Possible that it is a production cover that is from some other application and is cheaper for GM to buy with the plate, instead of the ribs. I would go with the last answer as most likely. Occams Razor and all that.

#40 ·
Even though mine has a build date of 03/09, mine still came with the old style cover. It would be interesting to find the earliest reported build date with the new cover. Also, they might have had a lot of those in stock for future builds when the new one came out, and they used up the existing supply till it ran out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.