Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what is the belt size if I only change the upper pulley? does it take the stock belt?

Thanks

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
080653 Gates or napa. It is available also in a Green stipe version on that same part number that is 2 times as good.

·
Registered
CTS-V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! :)

So if i change the upper pulley alone the best size is 080653.
And if i change the upper pulley and 5% under pulley together the best size is 080653 (same)?

thanks again :)

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts

And if i change the upper pulley and 5% under pulley together the best size is 080653 (same)?

I am going into the shop tomorrow and I have the 8.5 and doing the 2.55 I would really like to know if 080653 is the right belt because that is what I bought.

I would think they would be different to be honest and I am a little concerned I was told the wrong information.

·
Registered
CTS-V
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going into the shop tomorrow and I have the 8.5 and doing the 2.55 I would really like to know if 080653 is the right belt because that is what I bought.

I would think they would be different to be honest and I am a little concerned I was told the wrong information.
did you get the belt?

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
I backed out of doing the blower pulley. Shop felt the diameter was off and I am not gonna get into keying it. Gonna buy a 9 or 9.5" ring instead. I did get the isolator on so no more tapping at idle.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
^^^ What did your shaft look like? Was there a lot of damage? Also, did they re-use the spring, etc. on the new isolator, or did they install it just as it was from W4M?

Thanks.

Rob

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
^^^ What did your shaft look like? Was there a lot of damage? Also, did they re-use the spring, etc. on the new isolator, or did they install it just as it was from W4M?

Thanks.

Rob
I posted a picture in a thread called Misc Pictures. The wear was bad IMO. I did not use the spring and my car is not tapping anymore at idle.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts

I spoke to Jess and confirmed 080653 fits both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts