Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy in my building were I work and he had been talking trash to a few of the people that work for me that I would be no match for his supercharged G35. Little does this guy know that my V is not stock! So today I'm leaving and he comes up fast behind me. We stop at the light and it's on. We take off and it's dead even to about 20 MPH and I start pulling hard. Shift to 2nd was text book perfect and still pulling. Get caught up at the next light and he yells at me he was not ready(lol). I tell him ok this time I will make sure you get a head start and he calls me a *******. The light goes green again and I hesitate just slightly and he gets 1/2 a car ahead. By the time I go to 2nd I am now passing him and just start to pull away. We stop at the next light and now he can see the LPE 500 HP sticker/plate on the car and he said oh I had no idea, If I had seen that I would not have even tried. He was still a jerk though telling me he would smoke any stock V on the road. He even said he had smoked a new c6. I just listened and when he was done I asked him if he was really that dumb.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The guy sounds like a real butt hole. Glad you slapped him around. Maybe you could leave some toilet paper on his desk.

What mods do you have?
Are you all that much faster than a stock V ? (like mine)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heads, cam, cai, headers, Magnaflow exhaust, 160 thermostat, B&M shifter and a few other things. I dyno at 427 at the wheels so I guess I'm about 100 over most stock. I still feel the need for more though.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
TXSilverV said:
I still feel the need for more though.
Don't we all. Don't we all. Great kill. Cocky ones are always the best.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good kill!!!

How did you get your "V" to 500HP?

Supercharger......?

If so, how safe are they?

I'm a new owner looking to do some mods.

500HP sounds good:lildevil:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
V400HP said:
Good kill!!!

How did you get your "V" to 500HP?

Supercharger......?

If so, how safe are they?

I'm a new owner looking to do some mods.

500HP sounds good:lildevil:
See above response. His primary increase comes from heads/cam. I believe he was comtemplating a supercharger in addition to the heads/cam, but, apparently, that hasn't taken place (not that he needs it though).

If you are looking for mods, you have come to the right place. You won't believe how this board will influence you and your desire for aftermarket parts...:lildevil:

In my mind, superchargers are safe if kept within reasonable limits (not too much boost, air-fuel ratios kept reasonable, timing not too crazy, etc.).

Magna charger supercharger (affectionately refered to as a Maggie on these boards) advertises about 130hp/torque from their systems. Lately, they seem to have been shipping lots of people the wrong sized pulley (I was an unfortunate receipient), but they will immediately correct such, as they have good customer service in my mind. They also offer a 3 yr 36k mile warranty for $200 if you so desire for (hopefully) some peace of mind. Note that this warranty only covers the engine and trans up to specific amounts ($5k for the engine and $3k for the trans if memory serves). It does NOT cover the differential, but, as an '06 owner, that is much less a concern. :D

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Luna, Have you done an "after" pulley dyno?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Dennisscars said:
Luna, Have you done an "after" pulley dyno?
Aye. ;)

I have noted that (subject to a lot of variables of course) that every drop of 0.2" in pulley size should loosely translate into a gain of about 35 lb feet of torque to the rear tires. For example, a 3.0" pulley might yield 380 lb feet to the rear tires, a 2.8" might result in 415 lb feet to the rears, a 2.6" pulley might result in 450 lb feet to the rears, etc.

Note I'm referring to torque here. HP just doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but, perhaps, I'm missing something... :D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
ok...roger that..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm tired of this intellitxt.com Krap slowing things down...

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
whats up with all these g35 owners??? seems like if one rolls up to the light next to me they all want to run??? dont they know about the v yet??? doesnt matter if im stock or blown, they still want an ass raping!!! im i the only one dishing out some v whoop ass on them..lol....i know that answer...:sneaky:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
They've been told they have a fast assed car. Guess it's up to us to educate them differently...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have not done the supercharger yet but it's in the near future. I had someone local in Dallas match the group buy so it now looks like Jan 2 will be the day. I guess I will be looking for a replacement rear about the 9th of Jan. Mine needs to be replaced now but just sort of holding on as long as it will last.

·
Registered
163 Posts
G35...I'd be more mad for having bought a duded up 350z than losing a race to a V. It's always nice to know that your motor is in the Quest soccer mom mini-van also - and about 10 other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles..blah.

·
Registered
330 Posts
brtnharv said:
G35...I'd be more mad for having bought a duded up 350z than losing a race to a V. It's always nice to know that your motor is in the Quest soccer mom mini-van also - and about 10 other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles..blah.
I was at a stoplight in Philly when a guy in a Nissan Quest minivan pulled up to me. The front was obviously fire damaged and primered. He wanted to race. He claimed to have a 300ZX twin turbo motor under the hood of his minivan and to have smoked many contenders on Roosevelt Blvd. By the time I stopped laughing he got angry and drove away.

Later I heard about a 12 second minivan and I wondered if he was serious.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
MCaesar said:
I was at a stoplight in Philly when a guy in a Nissan Quest minivan pulled up to me. The front was obviously fire damaged and primered. He wanted to race. He claimed to have a 300ZX twin turbo motor under the hood of his minivan and to have smoked many contenders on Roosevelt Blvd. By the time I stopped laughing he got angry and drove away.

Later I heard about a 12 second minivan and I wondered if he was serious.
you mean like this?

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

yeah you have to be careful of those 12 second minivans. just pick a road with a turn. :sneaky: :cookoo:

:burn:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a stock G35 sedan, and I have KILLED 3 V's so far. When you have 270 HP, its hard to find a car that can run with you, and make it fair. When people ask me what kind of car I have, I always wait for a second, and I want to say a V, but then I say, well now I have a G35, but I'm getting a V soon. Makes myself feel better.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts