Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Nice vid. Great driving too!

I'll definately be trying Shannonville next year. :)

Btw, I know you told me what you did with the exhaust, but I kinda forgot... I think we should make my dad's car sound like that! Sounds great! lol

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Nice vid Nels!!

Wasnt youre car dynoed at 320rwhp? I dont think anyone here can hang with that.....

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
I finally have the video completed. This was event 3 at Shannonville Motorsport Park. We were running the on Fabi track. On lap 3 is where you'll here the engine miss fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7WpfilWgY
i no expert on hearing a engine miss fire but i think it came right before "the f*** man":D. and you drive very close to the edge. good video:)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i no expert on hearing a engine miss fire but i think it came right before "the f*** man":D. and you drive very close to the edge. good video:)
Yea that's right. On my last lap just out of turn six I felt something. By the time I realized, it was to late. I was really upset, that lap would have been my best lap. That miss fire ended my weekend. But now all is well and ready for this weekend. I'll have more videos.

Nels

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
:thumbsup: nels, you run with or without traction control on. Great video man.
What class do they place you in. Had a event at miami homestead speedway, and was place with the heavyily modified class, with built up c6's, the redline solstice, and a boosted sti that made me pee a little. We need to try ,and get you down to Florida some how.

Luv yea we should race, but i wouldnt mind doing a auto course event either , as well as some drag racing, that way everyone shines in one aspect or another.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
so wait, i must have missed this, its a supercharged cts, is it the 3.6 or the 3.2 L?

and 320 whp on a car that can make that for over 80% of its power band is very impressive.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbsup: nels, you run with or without traction control on. Great video man.
What class do they place you in. Had a event at miami homestead speedway, and was place with the heavyily modified class, with built up c6's, the redline solstice, and a boosted sti that made me pee a little. We need to try ,and get you down to Florida some how.

Luv yea we should race, but i wouldnt mind doing a auto course event either , as well as some drag racing, that way everyone shines in one aspect or another.
I race the without TC and ST. With the changes to the suspension, brakes and adding a supercharger I ended up in SGT2 class. I'm happy in that class. I get to race against Corvettes, STi's, BMW's and RX 7's. The drivers in my class are highly experienced and respect each other. I'm currently 6th place do to the break down. I was 4th before the break down.

I would love to race in Florida. If everything goes well for the rest of the season I'm planning to race at Watkins Glen.

Im pretty sure with that sc you wont be needing any head start :):rolleyes:
Most people don't realize that nitrous is still the fastest way to go. I've see nitrous feed cars beat just about everything, from turbo's to superchargers.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Most people don't realize that nitrous is still the fastest way to go. I've see nitrous feed cars beat just about everything, from turbo's to superchargers.
what shot do you think our engines can handle nels?? I mean your at 314 so it seems I could go to a 100 shot with our stock internals....espically if your running forced air that produces 110-115? I mean o2 is 02 whether it be forced air or N20 right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
luv the only problem with pushing a 100 shot is the timing we need to find a way to retard timing for the spark plugs

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what shot do you think our engines can handle nels?? I mean your at 314 so it seems I could go to a 100 shot with our stock internals....espically if your running forced air that produces 110-115? I mean o2 is 02 whether it be forced air or N20 right :rolleyes:
There are a few factors before anyone starts forcing 100hp of nitrous through an engine. First are you using a wet or dry system? You will need to find a good source for spark plugs. You will need different heat ranges from your stock plug. (Colder plugs) You will need a way to control timing. Last but not least you will need to learn how to read spark plugs. With out that ability you won’t know what’s happening. You need to understand that there are many variables when it comes to nitrous tuning.

Nels

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
There are a few factors before anyone starts forcing 100hp of nitrous through an engine. First are you using a wet or dry system? You will need to find a good source for spark plugs. You will need different heat ranges from your stock plug. (Colder plugs) You will need a way to control timing. Last but not least you will need to learn how to read spark plugs. With out that ability you won’t know what’s happening. You need to understand that there are many variables when it comes to nitrous tuning.

Nels
yes yes I know all that the timing is the only real problem there...and if i went to 100 i would buy a wideband anyway (even though reading plugs is easy they are not always accurate) I was talking what the internals/bottem end can handle

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes yes I know all that the timing is the only real problem there...and if i went to 100 i would buy a wideband anyway (even though reading plugs is easy they are not always accurate) I was talking what the internals/bottem end can handle
From what I can see the bottom end is strong. The rods are good and pistons are ok. I'm pleased with the engine. I believe the engine can handle an extra 70+ hp.

Nels

1 - 20 of 20 Posts