Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install a supercharger on their 3.6 liter V6 cadillac CTS?

If so how much power did it make?

How much faster is it?

How much did it cost installed and how is the civility and reliability?

Any issues?

Thanks in advance.

JB

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Anybody install a supercharger on their 3.6 liter V6 cadillac CTS?

If so how much power did it make?

How much faster is it?

How much did it cost installed and how is the civility and reliability?

Any issues?

Thanks in advance.

JB
LUND Cadillac has done it but yes it does have issues. A proven ECU hasn't been designed yet. Plus UR talkin' $7-8,000 bucks. With a SC you really need exhaust improvements and headers don't exist now.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
LUND Cadillac has done it but yes it does have issues. A proven ECU hasn't been designed yet. Plus UR talkin' $7-8,000 bucks. With a SC you really need exhaust improvements and headers don't exist now.

Yes but the issues Lund had are no longer a problem with the release of the HPtuners suite. Forced induction is a VERY viable proposition now.

Nobody has done it yet as most options are pretty pricey.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys..

Sounds like its not a viable option.

I was just wondering as I'm thinking of going the already quite powerful 260 hp V6 supposedly offered as a base motor in the new 2008 CTS instead of the 300hp DI version and then if I got the itch for more power I could always drop in a supercharger..

Sounds like its not really something thats been done that often here in the states at this point...

As I await the price differencial being dissussed between the 260hp and 300 hp version I thought ? Maybe buy the 260 hp version and if I want more hp later on I'd spend 6 grand installed to supercharge it.

Sounds like it costs more than I figured and is not an often chosen path for greater performance.

Thanks guys.

JB

X

·
0 Posts
all the trouble involved and the parts that will likely break along with the warranty loss plus God knows what else would go wrong...Getting a V is a WAY better idea.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the insight. I dig the CTS and the CTS V .

Up until now without AWD the wife was less than enthusiastic so now that its becoming available I'm looking to buy one. (instead of a Buick Enclave which is a nice luxury vehicle as well) I just prefer the CTS because its so dam sexy looking...

So I was debating whether to go with the 300 hp or 260 hp motor which I am sure both are great. I'm not racing the car but rather want to enjoy it as the luxury sports sedan that it is...

I want AWD, 18 inch rims Paddle shift A6 and debating on the engine...

Do any of you feel the 260 hp will be a mistake?

Right now 260 hp is pretty impressive in the CTS I recently test drove...and my wife was impressed as well.

Do you think the new cTS w/AWD will with some possible extra weight be sluggish with the 260hp?

I'm not causing trouble but rather just considering options and shooting the breeze...(wondering if I bought the 260hp motor and wanted more power later on ? I could possibly slap a supercharger on it as I see many of my corvette breathern are doing in the C5's and C6's with a magnuson or other supercharger for 7 grand installed.

I'm not really looking for a racing CTS but rather was considering taking the 260hp version and then down the road if it had me wishing for more wanted to know what my options Ie. supercharger might have been...

I'd be surprised if HP tuner can't crack that pcm ..They have the Corvette pcm opened up wide for tuning..

With GM so far into the 260hp V6 I would imagine there are many applications that would benefit from HP tuner capability...

Thanks again and the discussion is much appreciated.

JB

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
the 3.6 feels good right now and is decently quick for most people. though with the extra weight on the new cts i think the performance will be similar to that of a sts 3.6. my mom has that and it isnt fast, though does get the job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts