Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this happen? No matter what speed I put the wipers on they go extremely slow. I suspect a bad wiper motor but figured I would post here first.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting about the shafts. That seems completely plausible. I'll pull the plastic vent cover off and check them out.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did the same, not the motor but one of the wiper shafts partially seized, the RH one.
This was the issue. The shaft on the driver side wiper. The splined shaft that the wiper arm bolts to. Totally seized, or seized to the point where it barely moved. I'm surprised the wiper motor didn't burn up.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Premium
1 Posts
So what was the fix? Just disassemble and spray the shaft with WD-40 or did you have to remove and replace the shaft? Thanks for the assist, about to tackle this myself.

·
Registered
ESV
45 Posts
Remove wiper assembly from the vehicle , then remove the relay rods that go from the motor to the wiper shafts and see which shaft is seized .Remove the shaft, I had to drive mine out with a block of wood, then clean everything up and lube the shaft (I used white lithium grease) reassemble and then reinstall in vehicle. Fairly straight forward.

Stu

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem changed the motor same problem all links are free moving when the wipers stop moving I can hear a buzzing in relay box but there are no wiper relays in there when they do move again buzzing stops there has to be a relay some where but very hard to find any info on a 14 yr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts