Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Per Matt:

“Well they are going to start implementing back into orders.It hasn’t been updated in my system yet. Up to now, no 2022 orders have SuperCruise.”

So it sounds like it’s coming soon.

·
Registered
Couple of lifted Rubicons JL & JT, 911 Turbo S, soon to be '22 Sport Platinum
65 Posts
That awesome if it is true, but just be prepared to be in the back of a long, long line. My parents ordered in May of '21 and are content to wait, and they are #1 in line at their dealership and are being told next June at the earliest.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Seems to me that GM has changed their strategy on the constraints a little and is letting people order things they wouldn't have allowed before. Late summer we were told no diesel for several months then out of nowhere you could order them..... and as best I can tell they still aren't being produced, so the original info probably still holds but taking orders anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems to me that GM has changed their strategy on the constraints a little and is letting people order things they wouldn't have allowed before. Late summer we were told no diesel for several months then out of nowhere you could order them..... and as best I can tell they still aren't being produced, so the original info probably still holds but taking orders anyway.
Hopefully super cruise is available, but if it’s not and your post is accurate then I think that’s the right approach. You have a lot of folks who want to get in the queue so that when certain constraints do get lifted, they are near the front of the line. Good dealers are still placing orders and keeping notes on their customers’ must haves, which means that they even if a dealer does get an allocation for a particular order they can’t fill it because the customer has said that they must have super cruise, or the diesel, but it wasn’t selectable at the time of the order. That causes way too much churn.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hopefully super cruise is available, but if it’s not and your post is accurate then I think that’s the right approach. You have a lot of folks who want to get in the queue so that when certain constraints do get lifted, they are near the front of the line. Good dealers are still placing orders and keeping notes on their customers’ must haves, which means that they even if a dealer does get an allocation for a particular order they can’t fill it because the customer has said that they must have super cruise, or the diesel, but it wasn’t selectable at the time of the order. That causes way too much churn.
The letter GM sent to dealers on Super Cruise said exactly that: If you want the car now, remove Super Cruise. If you really want Super Cruise and are willing to wait... then let leave the order as-is. It is a production constraint, not an order constraint. Duramax was the same way... simply a temporary production constraint.

Some things become "order guide changes"... the feature/option is dropped from the order guide or listed as "not available at this time." In those situations (example: as of this week you cannot order illuminating door or rear sill plates) the item is removed as a valid option. It might be temporary... or it is gone for good. Either way, you can't order it and therefore it cannot hold up production.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The letter GM sent to dealers on Super Cruise said exactly that: If you want the car now, remove Super Cruise. If you really want Super Cruise and are willing to wait... then let leave the order as-is. It is a production constraint, not an order constraint. Duramax was the same way... simply a temporary production constraint.

Some things become "order guide changes"... the feature/option is dropped from the order guide or listed as "not available at this time." In those situations (example: as of this week you cannot order illuminating door or rear sill plates) the item is removed as a valid option. It might be temporary... or it is gone for good. Either way, you can't order it and therefore it cannot hold up production.
Super Cruise might have been an option at one point, but my dealer could not select it. They said they’d have to maintain good notes and add it when it became available again. Otherwise, they’ll just skip over my order if they get allocation for my build minus SC knowing that I wouldn’t want to move forward without it. That’s what they emailed me originally, not sure if that still holds true or not. They said they could select the diesel option even when it was on constraint.

Anybody know if the illuminated sill plates is an easy upgrade? You can get them on the Cadillac accessories site (or you could). I hope it’s just a matter or pulling the old ones and hooking up the harness for the illuminated plates to the wiring that already exists.

·
Registered
‘22 Premium Luxury on order
232 Posts

What does this mean for orders that were already scheduled for production that had the door sills?

·
Registered
Couple of lifted Rubicons JL & JT, 911 Turbo S, soon to be '22 Sport Platinum
65 Posts
Just for a frame of reference they are shipping $80k Chevy/GMC trucks that do not even have heated seats now because they don't have chips (unimaginable if you live in a cold climate as we are now all spoiled). They are launching the Hummer EV1 which has 100% Super Cruise and is very chip "hungry", coupled with the fact they can sell anything that comes off the line right now regardless of what options it has.

The probability of getting a Super Cruise equipped Escalade that hasn't already been built before next summer is extremely slim.

·
Registered
117 Posts
SC isn’t available. Our orders are going into production shortly. Other family member.
The dealer said he has no idea how long the wait is. We figured might as well get the truck and take a short lease. Truthfully I don’t really use SC. It’s a nice feature when I do. I’m interested In the next version and I’m also curious how the new Range Rover will be once it’s out for alittle and they aren’t charging over MSRP

1 - 20 of 59 Posts