Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Escalade a week ago. During the test drive (it’s a used 2021) we tested out Super Cruise on a specific highway. During my drive home, I used it again, same road. All the way til the freeway ends. No issues.

Now, a week later, I’m getting nothing but “No Road Information” trying to turn it on on the exact same road, in between my house and the dealership which is exactly where I’ve used it at least twice before. What gives?

Since getting the car, all I’ve done is sign up for on-star and log in to the car with my Cadillac profile. Could any of those things be messing with super cruise? The road in question is a large 3-4 lane each way highway. Not under major construction and no changes to it (certainly not in the past week). No weather issues.

Coming from an older Tesla, Super Cruise is one of the features I chased down in this car specifically. Haven’t had a chance to use it on the other major freeway nearby. Just concerned that it’s not working where it was working just days ago.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Picked up my Escalade a week ago. During the test drive (it’s a used 2021) we tested out Super Cruise on a specific highway. During my drive home, I used it again, same road. All the way til the freeway ends. No issues.

Now, a week later, I’m getting nothing but “No Road Information” trying to turn it on on the exact same road, in between my house and the dealership which is exactly where I’ve used it at least twice before. What gives?

Since getting the car, all I’ve done is sign up for on-star and log in to the car with my Cadillac profile. Could any of those things be messing with super cruise? The road in question is a large 3-4 lane each way highway. Not under major construction and no changes to it (certainly not in the past week). No weather issues.

Coming from an older Tesla, Super Cruise is one of the features I chased down in this car specifically. Haven’t had a chance to use it on the other major freeway nearby. Just concerned that it’s not working where it was working just days ago.
It could be a few things in play. First off, SC will not activate unless all it's sensors are getting the data they need and the GPS signal is fully acquire and the car is talking to Onstar. This usually happens pretty quick, but lots of things could impact your connection. If anything is slightly out of spec, the system will not activate. I find the "no road info" is sort of the default response when it doesn't want to activate. There is also a possibility that the road you were on had some recent construction even if you didn't see it (it could have been a lane night construction project that wasn't really visible, etc), lane closed, etc. I have found that Super Cruise is pretty aggressive at "turning off a section of road" for construction, missing/faded/adjusted lane lines, etc. I am curious to know where they get their data for it. Maybe if too many SC enabled cars drive that section of road and encounter issues, then they disable it till they can investigate. No idea. It might be temporary and will come back online soon. In many cases with construction, they can keep SC enabled and you just see the "Supercruise: use caution, construction zone" warning. Are you able to get SC to turn on for other roads? Might be worth a call to OnStar just to check if they have everything set up correctly. Let us know what you find out.

Reactions: Princess Hockey

·
Registered
Couple of lifted Rubicons JL & JT, 911 Turbo S, soon to be '22 Sport Platinum
24 Posts
I've been in the vehicle where this has happened as well. Pulled over, shut the vehicle off, let it go into sleep mode, started it back up and worked fine. What the glitch was, not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
FWIW, make sure you are on a road that has coverage before trying to troubleshoot further.
Estimated map at the following location: Cadillac Super Cruise
Checked, it’s green on the map. Like I said this is the exact stretch of road where I have used it twice in the past week without issue.

It could be a few things in play. First off, SC will not activate unless all it's sensors are getting the data they need and the GPS signal is fully acquire and the car is talking to Onstar. This usually happens pretty quick, but lots of things could impact your connection. If anything is slightly out of spec, the system will not activate. I find the "no road info" is sort of the default response when it doesn't want to activate. There is also a possibility that the road you were on had some recent construction even if you didn't see it (it could have been a lane night construction project that wasn't really visible, etc), lane closed, etc. I have found that Super Cruise is pretty aggressive at "turning off a section of road" for construction, missing/faded/adjusted lane lines, etc. I am curious to know where they get their data for it. Maybe if too many SC enabled cars drive that section of road and encounter issues, then they disable it till they can investigate. No idea. It might be temporary and will come back online soon. In many cases with construction, they can keep SC enabled and you just see the "Supercruise: use caution, construction zone" warning. Are you able to get SC to turn on for other roads? Might be worth a call to OnStar just to check if they have everything set up correctly. Let us know what you find out.
I wonder if my OnStar account wasn’t set up correctly. I had no idea that SuperCruise was linked to that in any way. I’m on some sort of “free trial” version so I’m not sure even what level they have me on.

Thanks!

I guess this road was under construction last year, but they’ve been finished for awhile. And I didn’t have any issues using SC in both directions on this road last week. Is there anywhere to check for road construction related Super Cruise outages?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For an update:
Super Cruise also won’t enable on the other nearby major freeway (which definitely hasn’t had any construction recently) and also is marked as green on cadillacs map. On Star told me my account is set up correctly and then passed me on to GMC/Cadillac support on the phone but I had to disconnect before I could speak to them. I’ll try again tomorrow to talk to someone or maybe see if the dealership has someone who can troubleshoot.
Double/triple checked that I had enabled lane assist but no luck. Very strange.
I’m still convinced this has to do with either on-star or my logging into the vehicle with a new profile, since those are the only two things that have happened since I got the car Thursday.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
434 Posts
I had a similar problem on my CT-6. Like you, I intuitively thought it had to do with logging in to the system, as I didnt click Agree to the latest terms. I was sure it was a login issue.
I brought it to Cadillac, and they had to change the module.
After that, I was back in business on all highways as it did in previously.
Good luck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hmmm... so this morning I was on the freeway headed to the office using SC. This afternoon on my way home (on the same freeway, opposite direction)... nothing. SC never lit up. I use SC on this stretch of road all the time, but nothing today. No idea what is going on.

Reactions: Princess Hockey

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m going to call onstar again and ask if they’ll temporarily disable it, just to see if that’s the issue or not. (Or is OnStar a requirement for SuperCruise to function? Wonder if I had some sort of dealer version on for the first day)

i have “Essentials” for OnStar. Is that sufficient or do I need the one above that?
Beyond that, I guess I’ll head back to the dealer. They still owe me the second key to the car anyways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED!! It was OnStars fault!!

My first phone call with them, all they did was tell me things were fine on their end. So after asking y’all and a fb group, I set up a Cadillac service appt. not wanting to wait, I called OnStar again and this time got a more helpful fellow…who said that my plan was set up correctly but he would go ahead and push some sort of update to the car, told me it might take 30 minutes to take effect.
It forced a nav restart, and on our way back home, SuperCruise was back to working!

Thanks everyone. I would have had no idea that it could be OnStar without your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts