Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

“General Motors announced today that Super Cruise, the industry’s first true hands-free driver assistance technology, will soon be expanded so that it works on even more roads, giving customers greater accessibility to hands-free driving. By doubling the Super Cruise road network, hundreds of thousands of additional miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada can be explored hands-free.”

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum - Supercruise, Night Vision, Power Running Boards, Onyx
130 Posts
This is very exciting! I am hoping they build this out further and add features as the chip shortage pushes back hardware development and implementation time lines. I love super cruise.

· Registered
13 Posts
Not if you buy a new XT6. You'll find out after buying the car that it is built on the same system as he low end Chevy bolt. So you will not get the same upgrade, instead you will get inferior upgrades, with no info on what your system will get in the future. I bought an XT6 in April and this is my experience.

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
Not if you buy a new XT6. You'll find out after buying the car that it is built on the same system as he low end Chevy bolt. So you will not get the same upgrade, instead you will get inferior upgrades, with no info on what your system will get in the future. I bought an XT6 in April and this is my experience.
The XT6 is not related to the Bolt which has only a 102 inch wheelbase but more like an Acadia and XT5 with a 112 inch wheelbase. Super Cruise was updated as a system as well as software so older vehicles like the CT6 or XT6 can get some upgrades but don't have the processing power and additional cameras for some of the newer features like lane changes.

· Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2022 XT6 in the Spring, less than 9 months ago. I would not consider that an older vehicle. I paid $77k+ for the car. I am now learning that it is NOT getting the same software updates as other GM Super Cruise cars, so it doesn’t have the same features (i.e. no lane change, less roads covered, etc). Nothing in the companies materials when I bought the car said that the XT6 had a different/inferior system. This is unacceptable.

· Registered
13 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts