Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Escalade Duramax Supercruise
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE Super Cruise on my Escalade Duramax, but I gotta say, I find my truck tends to get a little too close to the lane marking on the right, and sometimes rides the lane in curves.

When I approach OTHER vehicles that are the lane to the right, it seems as though the proximity sensors recognize this and move my truck more toward the center of the lane, but when there's not vehicle in the immediate vicinity to the right, my truck tends to ride the right lane ESPECIALLY when the road curves to the left. Sometimes I've had to nudge the wheel to the left because it gets too close to another vehicle for my comfort.

Has anyone else with Super Cruise experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's something that can be adjusted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes. Super Cruise can certainly be sketch at times.

I was in the right lane behind a truck with a trailer. The road was sweeping left and I moved to the left lane to pass. The escalade was almost stuck in between the lanes and I had to take control before I clipped the guys trailer. Furthermore, I do find the escalade favors the inside of lane too much and I am always left feeling uneasy as I pass cars as I feel I am too close.

Reactions: 2016Escalade

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
353 Posts
I was one of the first to have Super Cruise in my 2018 CT-6. You guys should have tried it before the two large updates! Talk about beta! It would be soooo close to the edge of the lane, it would really make us feel uneasy every time! With every single update, it's been better and better. Now we have a 2019 CT-6. Interestingly, I am heading to the dealership now to pick up the car as it hasn't worked for ages. (My wife doesn't like it)

In a few hours, I will have had a chance to experiment with it so see how much it's improved. I did enjoy it quite a bit after the updates (although drive my 2017 Escalade 99% of the time).

Can't wait for my 2021 Duramax Sport Platinum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was one of the first to have Super Cruise in my 2018 CT-6. You guys should have tried it before the two large updates! Talk about beta! It would be soooo close to the edge of the lane, it would really make us feel uneasy every time! With every single update, it's been better and better. Now we have a 2019 CT-6. Interestingly, I am heading to the dealership now to pick up the car as it hasn't worked for ages. (My wife doesn't like it)

In a few hours, I will have had a chance to experiment with it so see how much it's improved. I did enjoy it quite a bit after the updates (although drive my 2017 Escalade 99% of the time).

Can't wait for my 2021 Duramax Sport Platinum!
Thats what I have! - Great ride, Congrats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts