Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 118 Posts

· Registered
2016 ELR
2,386 Posts
So I see all these notices posted here from the app. Is the car saying there is an OTA ready to be downloaded, or do you have to go back to the dealer and have the car updated by them (plugging in a tool, or using a USB stick / SD card)?

· Registered
2016 ELR
2,386 Posts
Please let us know if you find any setting to turn on the camera recording. I’m hoping that is part of this update.
Curious why you would assume that. The recording feature has been stated some time ago as being removed (GM order guide), and that Surround Vision (not recorder) would be enabled with a future software update. It certainly possible they may roll out recording as a future update or paid update, but this update was not supposed to include it.

Overall both SuperCruise and the Surround Vision look pretty unpolished at this point. Functional, but looks more engineering level and not end-customer ready. I'm not too familar with what SuperCruise looks like on other GM's, but the pop-up text dialog boxes versus graphic indications just seem very beta (if not alpha) - on such a nice hi-rez screen that the Lyriq has.

· Registered
2016 ELR
2,386 Posts
I don't understand why the recording feature has not yet been implemented even with the super cruise/surround vision update. It's recording. There are cameras. There's the SD slot. What's so hard? Does GM have no other cars that feature recording?
It isn't an option for the 2023 (or 2024) at this point. For 2023 it was removed from the order guide, and for 2024 it was never there. Could it come later (free or paid), sure. But no details, and GM hasn't stated this will ever return on Lyriq.

Overall Surround Vision is functional now, but also not as fancy as some of the other competition (or what was originally showed on concept Lyriq - with a more 3D perspective). So that may be something that still isn't quite done, and who knows - recording could be on the roadmap at some point also, after the many production issues are sorted.

· Registered
2016 ELR
2,386 Posts
brought in lyriq 12p for the update since I saw available appointments. when I called in the morning the gentleman said he won’t take it today. Should have just made an appointment online and dropped it off in the morning. Anyways service department closes at 3p and they said it takes 4-5 hours for the update. so will need to leave the lyriq and pick up Monday. Anybody else experience different turnaround time? Obviously the 4-5 hours is a guess so who knows.
Count on them having the car 1-2 days, from what has been stated here. Not an easy update apparently, and can take longer if the car doesn't cooperate (goes to sleep in the middle).

1 - 5 of 118 Posts