Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does any1 no how 2 program the sunroof 2 close automatically when the car turns off.

thanx, karim.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
They can make rain sense wipers, wouldn't it be a cool feature to have a rain sense sunroof or window closer in case you leave it open. I left my drivers window open an inch the other night and had about a foot of snow on the seat in the morning. I won't do that again.:banghead:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
98 Posts
I thought I had read about Cadillac convertibles in the 50's and 60's having a sensor that would close the windows and put the roof up if they detected rain. Makes you wonder why now, in this age of electronics, they don't at least have it for winodws and sunroofs.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I bet GM doesn't do it because of liabilty. That's why the "secure vehicle" option was deleted.

I can see it now....Somebody's poodle is left in the car at the mall with the windows cracked. The dog has its head out the window, but then it starts to rain, and little Fluffy gets decapitated. Judge awards 3 million for emotional distress. :D

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Tony Orlando said:
I bet GM doesn't do it because of liabilty. That's why the "secure vehicle" option was deleted.

I can see it now....Somebody's poodle is left in the car at the mall with the windows cracked. The dog has its head out the window, but then it starts to rain, and little Fluffy gets decapitated. Judge awards 3 million for emotional distress. :D
I dont think so. Someone suggested a similar scenario for why Chrysler vehicles had "auto down" windows but didnt have "auto up". I went around believing it for awhile until I got my BMW and then Lexus which both had auto up.

·
Registered
05' STS 1SC
112 Posts
If "GM liability" is truly the case then I will add that to the list of other annoyances like the NAV/DVD/phone lock out while driving and the crappy VR.

I will say thanks "Big Brother" GM

For keeping me safe and keeping that 5 dollar switch out of my 50K+ pseudo-lux car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts