Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX, Premium Collection, V6, AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SRX and see a lot of issues posted regarding the earlier SRX sunroofs leaking water into the interior rear sub-cargo area causing havoc with the logic and electronics for the operation of the rear lift gate.

I'm interested to know if the issue has been resolved or just being kept quiet on the newer SRX?

Thanx in advance for any input either way!

·
Registered
None
805 Posts
I have a 2014 SRX and see a lot of issues posted regarding the earlier SRX sunroofs leaking water into the interior rear sub-cargo area causing havoc with the logic and electronics for the operation of the rear lift gate.

I'm interested to know if the issue has been resolved or just being kept quiet on the newer SRX?

Thanx in advance for any input either way!
While I can't speak to this being resolved, I can tell you what I did after being advised to here. Periodically check for clogs by pouring water directly into the drains at the front and rear, and observing the flow out of the drains. Took a few minutes and gave me a sense of security with all the stories posted here.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
I've been on this forum for 5 years starting with the 2010 SRX redesign. I have witnessed year after year of the SRX and many of the original problems are still being reported by those with later model years. If history is an indicator, I wouldn't hold my breath that GM has addressed these long-standing issues.

·
Registered
2014 SRX, Premium Collection, V6, AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response...I think I have to agree with you...maybe the new "WaterGate"? I'm trying to get more feedback before I state what my actual issue is with my wife's "Premium" 2014 SRX...

In the meantime for everyone reading this post, double-check the area where you may or may not have a spare tire located. Don't expect to see any signs of wet carpet or ??? Speaking from experience...

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Got a call from my dealer today telling me that there is a recall for the sunroof drain hoses. She had no further info other than I needed to make an appointment to have the recall done

·
Registered
2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX
173 Posts
I was also notified that there is a recall on my 2010. I`m going tomorrow to get it fixed ( even though I had no trouble)

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
No leaks on my old 2010. Only had my '13 for 16 months, and it didn't leak.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
No leaks on my old 2010. Only had my '13 for 16 months, and it didn't leak.
Kewl Cap'n. Amazingly, I haven't had the sunroof drain leak issue either. I checked the GM recall site and my vehicle wasn't listed for this item. Maybe they used different parts in some of ours??

·
Registered
SRX 2008
2 Posts
I have a 2014 SRX which after a rain would always "slosh" when first accelerating. Despite complaining to the dealer, I was told they couldn't find any problem. In the past week all the electronic locks suddenly failed - the problem: a sunroof which leaked tons of water into the back left side of the car. Shorted out all the electronics - $1600 in clean up costs, and I don't know how much in mechanical repairs (yet). So don't believe they have repaired the issue - it's still there and very costly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 SRX which after a rain would always "slosh" when first accelerating. Despite complaining to the dealer, I was told they couldn't find any problem. In the past week all the electronic locks suddenly failed - the problem: a sunroof which leaked tons of water into the back left side of the car. Shorted out all the electronics - $1600 in clean up costs, and I don't know how much in mechanical repairs (yet). So don't believe they have repaired the issue - it's still there and very costly.
Do yourself a favor and get into the rear compartment and drill a few holes in lowest part of compartment so rain drains out ..or you will forever be plagued with that problem dealership did that to me I'm waiting to see if it works but I know it will cause I sealed up moonroof with a rubber sealent and sealent tape I don't open moonroof anyway.. should be a lawsuit against caddy all srx owners need to get it started dealership just charged me 1900.00with tows parts well that trippled the price I'm 40something yrs in field ..and I know you have tark up parts for overhead sorry Mark up anyway it's usually double mark up not triple and labor ...150.00a hr. Well it don't take 4hrs to scan unless you are napping while you're at work what a rip...oh btw.the pump that put in ..well I made sure I got old parts back guess what I tested the pump IT WORKS looks ugly from being wet but it works every time but if you complain dealership won't work on your vehicle anymore.mb.dmv needs to be notified that have a special unit for this but like I said you run out of places to go to and that all talk to each other so watch what you do to em ...it's kinda like just lay down and let em screw you....why is it like this why cannot that just do correct job and ask a honest pay rate...my 1st caddy was a 1957sedan get a kick it was a great car ...it had the record player option it was so neat anyway if you're going to keep srx seal up moonroof and drill them holes it's the only sure fire fix than let's get a class action suit going or at least a recall.. believe me this vehicle need a few of them valve timing issues .I hear that's 6000.00to fix biggest problem is I like the vehicle nice int.good looking but a night mare ..I'm going into the rear swimming pool and see if I can relocate the hatch module and hydraulic pump get it up higher just in case I owned caddy a year nothing but breakdowns and the fear o them ...oh well I hope this helps some one out there oh and thanks for the differential post I'm going to try a Buick dealership for that repair in Riverhead I spoke to them that seem to be honest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts