Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

My 2014 Vsport premium started having an issue with the sun shade under the sun roof. There's a thin piece of metal that's kinda binding up and causing issues. You can see it in the video linked below. I couldn't find anything on YouTube to help. Do you have any suggestions?

I have the platinum warranty coverage from GM, but they said they only cover the motor itself and not the screen/track. That's a bummer. The dealer quoted me $800-1000 over the phone to fix it. That's a bigger bummer.

Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions about how I can try and fix this myself or even what all is involved?

Video of the issue:

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,988 Posts
I have the platinum warranty coverage from GM, but they said they only cover the motor itself and not the screen/track.
If you have the GMEPP Platimum warranty, it is an exclusionary warranty. I dont see the sunroof sunshade as an excluded item. Your dealer is full of S**T. I would insist they show you where it is not covered and that they fix it under warranty. If they still refuse, escalate it or go to another dealer. Dealer5s lie all the time.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the dealer and he said "usually" the interior and exterior trim is not covered. This is the same service advisor I've used for a few years. He seems like a nice, honest guy. He said he'd have to write up the job complete with mileage, etc, and submit to the warranty company to see if they'd pay or not. He said that if I as the contract holder called, they'd tell me whether or not it was covered. So I did. AMT Warranty is the company administrator. They are the ones who told me the deal about the motor being covered under the electrical coverage, but the screen itself and the track is NOT covered.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,988 Posts
BS the sunroof is NOT interior trim. GM needs to stand behind their warranty. You need to pursue this.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be clear, I'm talking about the fabric sun shade under the sunroof, if that matters. It's in the video linked above.

·
Registered
CTS /CTS-V / XTS/ Vsport / Coupe
652 Posts
Mines sag too when opening. I bought the replacement shade but have not installed it yet

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
569 Posts
I had this same issue multiple times. They covered it twice while under warranty and it went out. I had to escalate to GM corporate and they footed the bill. No way I’d pay for that after malfunctioning multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts