Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05' SRX 3.6 Ultraview roof/18" wheels
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if the sky view sunroof from the newer cts be installed on my '05. And about how much would it cost?

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
you could do an entire panorama glass roof if you wanted to.. just dont expect either to be cheap. im going to go out a on limb and say no one can really give you a good estimate since this is a 100% custom chop job. you'd have to call around and get quotes. im guessing they would have to add structural reinforcement to the roof.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
a lot of shops wont want to do it because you will be weaking the cars structure...its like making a non convertible car convertible..yes it can be done but you loose safety.
convertible cars (or ones with panoramic sunroofs i assume too) have a different body than the non convertible version, they strengthen other areas of the car to make up for the no roof.

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
a lot of shops wont want to do it because you will be weaking the cars structure...its like making a non convertible car convertible..yes it can be done but you loose safety.
convertible cars (or ones with panoramic sunroofs i assume too) have a different body than the non convertible version, they strengthen other areas of the car to make up for the no roof.
exactly why soft top convertibles [often] weigh more than their solid hard top counterparts.. sure the actual roof weighs less, its just canvas and aluminum framing, but they need to add hundreds of pounds of structural support within the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts