Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow its been awhile since Ive checked this site.. Main computer has been down so have only been online for email. Well 2 problems lately. It's been raining a lot here in Chicago and ive been getting quite of bit of sunroof leaks. So after a bad storm and passenger side floor being soaked I decided to do something about it. I ended up taking off most of the trim and pulling back the carpet. Also took out the roof liner (man what a pain). And got 3 of 4 drains working properly. But the front right drain is clogged somewhere between the dash and the exit point (which I havent a clue where it is). Also found out theres a hole also. If I test drain it it will leak back into the car. Well to make a long story short.. Worked on the car for 13hrs one sunday and could not for the life of me find where the drain goes after it hits the dash (also has the dash pad out). So for the time being I have made my own drain that goes out where the power for the doors comes out and down to the bottom of the car. Where does that drain go!?!?! And for my last question how do I get the driver side outer door handle off? I cant get to the last bolt due to the inner metal housing over it. Thanks for reading and as always any input is very appreciated!

MacK

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive done that. Thought I cleared it out (air was going through). But when Id go to water test it, water would leak into the passenger floor. So there's a crack or hole somewhere inbetween the dash and fender area. Im guessing the only way to get to it is by taking off the fender. Which I do not want to do. Funny the service manual says nothing about this area. But the upper portion replacement.

MacK

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
well that sucks about it maybe having a crack....if you dont want to yank the fender off and track/replace the tube...then just plug it and keep the other 3 clean until you feel like taking it all down.

·
Registered
90 Posts
On my Eldorado, the front drains move forward along the roof line and connect to a rubber hose inside the windshield frame (according to the service manual, anyway). From there, the hoses run parallel to the windshield and empty into the front wheel wells. The endpoints might be seen by removing the inner fender shields, but I'm not totally sure on that one.

I've been told not to use compressed air to clear the passages, since this could potentially blow the rubber hoses off the metal tubes embedded in the roof structure. Maybe the hose fell off somewhere inside the windshield frame, causing water to leak into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry its been awhile since ive checked my thread. Currently I have it re-directed through the inner door to the bottom but we havent had any heavy rain yet. Ive looked in the inner fender walls but did not see the tube. My best guess is it's on the otherside of the fender.. So Ill leave it as it is. Plus I probably dont want to deal with broken interior trim mounts again. Haha On my 00' the hoses were connected pretty good. There's actually a grove in nozel the tube connects to that has a ziptie's on it.

MacK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts