Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting a webasto sunroof in. Shop in my area is offering a package deal, tint windows and sunroof installed for $1400. Both with lifetime warranty. What do you think, fair?

It's a in roof not pop up.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
Aftermarket sunroofs are a no with me even factory ones are trouble. Don't get me started on roofs.... :rant2:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadillac Kid03 said:
Aftermarket sunroofs are a no with me even factory ones are trouble. Don't get me started on roofs.... :rant2:
Really.... Do tell, looking for feed back before I leap into it....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Really.... Do tell, looking for feed back before I leap into it....
Well with my Fathers old STS a piece broke off and the sunroof needed to be fixed but he was lucky it was still under Warranty. Then our 01 Monte Carlo SS had a small leak with only 23K miles on it a month after we bought it. My 92 Z28 now this car does not have a sunroof but T-tops much worse and they leak like all hell. That's why i like hardtops less things can go wrong.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cadillac Kid03 said:
Well with my Fathers old STS a piece broke off and the sunroof needed to be fixed but he was lucky it was still under Warranty. Then our 01 Monte Carlo SS had a small leak with only 23K miles on it a month after we bought it. My 92 Z28 now this car does not have a sunroof but T-tops much worse and they leak like all hell. That's why i like hardtops less things can go wrong.
They say a lifetime warranty ,mechanical and from leakage. Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Just wanted to add how is there service with the life time warranty? Because they might be .... and you get screwed.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
If you absolutely have to hav a sun roof, lease the car new and get out of it before the warranty runs out. My rule of thumb is is I am buying a used car a few years old I won't buy one with a sun roof. Once the sun roof starts leaking the interior of the car will deteriorate very quickly!

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Ours both have them & we like them a lot.

The leaks with OEM sunroofs are almost always a plugged drain & easy to fix. Mechanical failures are usually spendy but body shops have the know-how over regular mechanics.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ours both have them & we like them a lot.

The leaks with OEM sunroofs are almost always a plugged drain & easy to fix. Mechanical failures are usually spendy but body shops have the know-how over regular mechanics.
They are very nice to have don't get me wrong i love them but the problems that come i don't see it being worth it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cadillac Kid03 said:
Just wanted to add how is there service with the life time warranty? Because they might be .... and you get screwed.
They are rated as the best in the Midwest for reliable installation. The shop is owned by one of the Minnesota Vikings . Keep it coming. I am really undecided.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They are rated as the best in the Midwest for reliable installation. The shop is owned by one of the Minnesota Vikings . Keep it coming. I am really undecided.
"The shop is owned by one of the Minnesota Vikings" That really does not mean much i don't care who owns the shop as long as there work is good. Ask to see one of the cars there working on to see what it looks like and see about the parts they use.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
orconn said:
If you absolutely have to hav a sun roof, lease the car new and get out of it before the warranty runs out. My rule of thumb is is I am buying a used car a few years old I won't buy one with a sun roof. Once the sun roof starts leaking the interior of the car will deteriorate very quickly!
I hear you there, however the car has everything I want in it except the sunroof( which I can live without). Looked at alot of newer and new cars before I got this one, fact of the matter was, I was getting the same car newer year with same mileage for alot more money. Except for new of course .That being said, here I am . Granted I should have kept looking if I wanted one with a sunroof. It's a after thought. Memories of a other car with one.

----------

Cadillac Kid03 said:
"The shop is owned by one of the Minnesota Vikings" That really does not mean much i don't care who owns the shop as long as there work is good. Ask to see one of the cars there working on to see what it looks like and see about the parts they use.
they do do high end customs, Ferrari, Mercedes , Lamborghini, etc. there workmanship isn't worrying me as much as the product.

They are automotiveconcepts.com there work is top shelf on the custom installs. But I agree it does not mean that problems can not occur.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I hear you there, however the car has everything I want in it except the sunroof( which I can live without). Looked at alot of newer and new cars before I got this one, fact of the matter was, I was getting the same car newer year with same mileage for alot more money. Except for new of course .That being said, here I am . Granted I should have kept looking if I wanted one with a sunroof. It's a after thought. Memories of a other car with one.

----------

they do do high end customs, Ferrari, Mercedes , Lamborghini, etc. there workmanship isn't worrying me as much as the product.

They are automotiveconcepts.com there work is top shelf.
Up to you bud... I'm against it but you could do it... Its your car...

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
They say a lifetime warranty ,mechanical and from leakage. Hmmm.
Just check the fine print. Back in the 70's I won a lifetime subscription to National Lampoon. The fine print said: lifetime for a newt which they claimed was about 3 years.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

----------

They are WWW.AC-MN.COM There work is top shelf on the custom installs. But I agree it does not mean that problems can not occur.
sorry had wrong web address

----------

Just check the fine print. Back in the 70's I won a lifetime subscription to National Lampoon. The fine print said: lifetime for a newt which they claimed was about 3 years.
They are rated high with BBB, but you know...having thought about it, it would be great to have one. (might not have a glitch or worry), or it could be a night mare where there was not one...Good advice. thanks all. Think i'll just have it detailed..maybe hid fog light kit..:cool2:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
sorry had wrong web address

----------

They are rated high with BBB, but you know...having thought about it, it would be great to have one. (might not have a glitch or worry), or it could be a night mare where there was not one...Good advice. thanks all. Think i'll just have it detailed..maybe hid fog light kit..:cool2:
BBB is a joke look it up but a detail would be much better!

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Cadillac Kid03 said:
BBB is a joke look it up but a detail would be much better!
This.
If you want a better letter grade, you just pay them $$$. No $$$= high grade of B+ or A-
Some of the most slimeball/ shady construction companies in STL have high grades on the BBB.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts