Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my used 03' CTS three weeks ago. When I took it through a touchless car wash a week ago, water was coming in through the sunroof, enough to stain the headliner(see pics).Then today we had twp pretty large storms come through the area and I did not see any wet spots. Has anyone else experirenced this problem?The car also has a carriage top.Does the carriage top have anything to do with the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
What a bummer. Sorry, I don't know anything about the carriage top, but you have a beautiful car. Is it still under warranty?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a warranty, and the sunroof is covered, but the dealer that I bought the car from, says you have to wait 30 days before brigging the car in for warranty work. BS if you ask me.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
soft top + chrome pillars... hmm... :stirpot:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Hmmm, would take it back to the dealer. That soft top could be the reason.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cadillac Kid, are you expressing your dislike for the chrome pillars, and soft top? I detect some sarcasim?? I plan to take it to the dealer today, any idea how much it would be to remove the soft top??

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Don't mind him. There's sort of a "lively debate" around here about chrome pillars and other bling on a CTS. :D Hope your problem is resolved by the dealer; good luck.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about removing the soft top?? Do you know of anyone who has removed one, and how difficult is it?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Sorry...don't know. You probably need to check with a good body shop in your area to find out about that.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
I do have a warranty, and the sunroof is covered, but the dealer that I bought the car from, says you have to wait 30 days before brigging the car in for warranty work. BS if you ask me.
THAT IS BS!! You need to go in and bust some heads to let them know that is unacceptable!

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
I'm not gonna lie. I like the soft top look with black on black or white on white. It's a throw back to the golden days of Cadillac. I do miss my old '89 DeVille.

RT = HOTTIE!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
juuust HAAAAAAAAAd to throw that 1 in there didnt ya W? :lol:

Dizzle, na i'm just busting your chops -- its all about personal preference, ... what YOU like... :thumbsup:
and i have NO idea as to how hard it would be to take off the soft top, i dont think it'd be TOO hard :hmm: ? idk how its fastened on the car, uninstallation may require you to plug any holes... cus..well, i dont think any car would look good with 1/2" holes all around it

again, i'm pulling all of that out of my "Arse" ...

and the names "MIke" :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Removal of a padded top may disclose previously undetected crime. They were invented to make factory cars with wavy roofs otherwise sellable. One car I saw with the padded top removed had obviously had a boat with an outboard motor run over it while it was submerged in a flood.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
obviously

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Great, that sounds promising. Do any of you guys have a carfax membership to run my VIN? I just returned from the dealership, and they are going to take care of the sunroof tomorrow.(Who knows what they will do to fix it, probably clean the water spots, and say it's fixed). I sware if the car has been ran over by a boat, I will light it on fire, and drive it through the front doors of the stealership!!!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
When I 1st got my 03 I noticed that my sunroof had a little bit of play in it. It would sometimes sound like it was leaking air (thankfully never leaked water) and then if I pushed up on it it would seal, changes in cabin pressure would make it do it as well. Took it to the dealer and they tightened some loose bolts on one of the brackets & it's been fine ever since.

That 30 day deal b4 warranty work is BS, what if it breaks down the 1st week, you supposed to walk for 3 weeks!!?? I think I had my car in 2 times for warranty work in the 1st 30 days.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
i got to say its not the best looking car with that soft top but its very unique u may want to keep that!! for the time being i got a lil project for u taking those chrome pillars off

1 - 20 of 28 Posts