Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your sunroof is doing a lot of ‘false reversals’ (basically detecting an obstruction when nothing is really there), here’s the process to recalibrate it.

Mine has been doing it on and off since new. Always happens when the roof is trying to close at the point where it encounters the air deflector ‘ramps’. No bind, I can reach up and move the deflector very easily.

A few notes:

a. Make sure there isn’t something obvious causing a mechanical bind.
b. There's a sequence to follow, practice a few times with the power off.
c. If you don’t have a problem, don’t do this process. If the process gets interrupted when the roof is at a mechanical stop, you may not be able to move the roof at all after that.

1) Close the sunroof.
2) With the roof closed, press and hold the close switch (the one on the left) to the 1st ‘click’ for about 10 seconds.
3) The roof will move to a slightly higher ‘vent’ position than normal and then immediately back to the normal ‘vent’ position.
4) Release the close button and press and hold it to the 1st click again within 1 second of releasing it.
5) In about 4-6 seconds the roof will move to to full open then closed position.
6) Release the close button, the process is complete.
7) Run the roof through all it’s paces and make sure it’s all working again.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Luxury 2.0T Build Date: 07/13 (Red Obsession)
18 Posts
Appreciate the info. Mine has done it a couple of times already. Quick question: Which of the two sunroof switches do we use for the procedure above? Does it matter which one? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the info. Mine has done it a couple of times already. Quick question: Which of the two sunroof switches do we use for the procedure above? Does it matter which one? Thanks again.
I edited the original post to say it's the left switch. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Thanks for posting this. This should be a sticky so its readily available for everyone. Great write up!

If your sunroof is doing a lot of ‘false reversals’ (basically detecting an obstruction when nothing is really there), here’s the process to recalibrate it.

Mine has been doing it on and off since new. Always happens when the roof is trying to close at the point where it encounters the air deflector ‘ramps’. No bind, I can reach up and move the deflector very easily.

A few notes:

a. Make sure there isn’t something obvious causing a mechanical bind.
b. There's a sequence to follow, practice a few times with the power off.
c. If you don’t have a problem, don’t do this process. If the process gets interrupted when the roof is at a mechanical stop, you may not be able to move the roof at all after that.

1) Close the sunroof.
2) With the roof closed, press and hold the close switch (the one on the left) to the 1st ‘click’ for about 10 seconds.
3) The roof will move to a slightly higher ‘vent’ position than normal and then immediately back to the normal ‘vent’ position.
4) Release the close button and press and hold it to the 1st click again within 1 second of releasing it.
5) In about 4-6 seconds the roof will move to to full open then closed position.
6) Release the close button, the process is complete.
7) Run the roof through all it’s paces and make sure it’s all working again.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS Luxury 2.0T AWD
7 Posts
I had the reverse issue but it was not the calibration. The sunroof motor was actually loose 'a little bit' according to the service advisor. I had to hold the deflector down in order to close it. Problem was fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
clempot911 said:
If your sunroof is doing a lot of ‘false reversals’ (basically detecting an obstruction when nothing is really there), here’s the process to recalibrate it. Mine has been doing it on and off since new. Always happens when the roof is trying to close at the point where it encounters the air deflector ‘ramps’. No bind, I can reach up and move the deflector very easily. A few notes: a. Make sure there isn’t something obvious causing a mechanical bind. b. There's a sequence to follow, practice a few times with the power off. c. If you don’t have a problem, don’t do this process. If the process gets interrupted when the roof is at a mechanical stop, you may not be able to move the roof at all after that. 1) Close the sunroof. 2) With the roof closed, press and hold the close switch (the one on the left) to the 1st ‘click’ for about 10 seconds. 3) The roof will move to a slightly higher ‘vent’ position than normal and then immediately back to the normal ‘vent’ position. 4) Release the close button and press and hold it to the 1st click again within 1 second of releasing it. 5) In about 4-6 seconds the roof will move to to full open then closed position. 6) Release the close button, the process is complete. 7) Run the roof through all it’s paces and make sure it’s all working again.
is this for the ATS?

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
You may want to bring the vehicle in for service and have the sunroof tracks cleaned and relived the guides. There is a bulletin only for the relearn process, I went a step farther.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts