Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have been trying to clear a blocked sunroof drain today, but can't seem to get the weedwacker line to push through the blockage. Where does the drain exit at the bottom? I'm thinking I'm going to need to remove the front wheel and the fender liner to find it...is that correct? The front left drain is the one thats clogged.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
Run the line down the right side drain and see where it comes out.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Larry. I tried and it got stuck in there, too. So, I poured a cup of water in the pan...right side drained on the garage floor...left side still has water standing in the pan. Any tips on getting the line through the drain?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
Hmm. Where did the right side drain from? The only thing I can think of it to locate it and go in from the bottom. DO NOT use compressed air. You may blow the drain hose off and then have to open up the headliner or A pillar.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...okay I pulled the left front wheel and the fender liner. There is a soft rubber nipple of sorts sticking out...almost like a flat tipped version of a baby bottle nipple. I squeezed it open (was stuck with gunk) and the waters came rushing out. Cleaned it up good and getting ready to put the car back together.

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Find the exit and blow up , less chance of tube coming off..If you cant find it find someone who has one with a sun roof (Friend, used car lot, rental) and carry a small soda bottle of water and pour it down theres and look for exit? Get permission first !

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to fix it per my post above. The exit was gunked up with mud and dirt. Everything is fine now! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts