Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Sedan Deville, 2005 Deville
14 Posts
There is an aluminum frame around the wheel well. It has 3 or 4 hex bolts. Unscrew them and everything lifts out. If your having a water problem, unbolt the rear liftgate lock . Look under the lip of the wheel well and make sure the rubber plug separating the wheel well from the rear bumper is installed. I did this and the water problem (so far) has been fixed. I have a 2011 SRX.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,465 Posts
Guys, you are overthinking this. As soon as my dad bought a SRX 2 years ago, I pulled out the spare tire foam block and drilled to 1/4” “water drain holes” in the floor near the pump. He’ll never have a problem like this ever.
As far as drain tubes are concerned, they have the potential to get blocked up like every sunroof drain tube on every car ever made. Unfortunately they are not easy to get to to maintain and blow out the blockage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking for other 2010/2011 Cadillac SRX owners who have had problems with the sunroof drains, particularly the rear drains which detach and cause water to come inside the rear cargo area where the spare sits. This water collects where the pump and control module for the rear lift gate are and cause them to be ruined thus making the lift gate not operational. There was five inches of water like a swimming pool with the electronics under water. The repair consisted of replacing the rear drain tubes and the pump and control module for a cost of $ 2,300.00. There is a document on the internet from GM listing the front drain hoses as a problem due to atmospheric conditions, so they knew there was a problem and did not issue a recall. If the front drains are coming apart inside the roof, the rear ones are made of the same materials and will have the same issue. GM has refused to assist with any repair costs or labour cost as the vehicle is out of warranty. There is a class action law suit in California for this issue and I am interested in finding other owners who have the same issue to start a lawsuit in Canada. If an automobile manufacturer knows that there is a defect with their design and product and does not recall it while the warranty is still valid they should be held accountable. Just to add, my 2011 SRX has 56,000 km only and has never been winter driven. Shame on you GM for not standing behind your Brand and for suggesting that atmospheric conditions cause a failure of drain tubes inside the roof of a car that is Just over five years old. I would appreciate comments from other owners and if you have had this issue already and live in Canada please reach out to me so we can make GM accountable.

Thank you

Brian
I am having the same issue now with my 2013 SRX.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts